Very low calorie snack ideas???

Options
Good morning everyone!!!

I started on MFP last week and, so far, I've been doing ok. I sit at a desk all day and after lunch I get "desk boredom" and that's when I always start to snack. Any suggestions for low cal snacks? I only get 1200 calories a day so I'm trying not to use up too many on snacks but NEED them!!!! Thanks for any suggestions and I hope everyone has a great, successful week!

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Hi. I know I would have a hard time surviving on 1200 calories. That being said i tend to reach for fruit or protein balls or bars that I make from recipes off pinterest. I also sit at a desk all day.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello?
  • jaegerks
    jaegerks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of carrots, they aren't very exciting but low calories and they come in those handy bags. I too have trouble in the afternoons at work.
  • kaltgift
    kaltgift Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds, in the shells. There salty and fatty, but they take forever to eat. When I was eating out of boredom, I'd work on them for about an hour, the craving would go away and I'd have only eaten 20 -30 calories worth.
  • Connie2858
    Connie2858 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find that if I stick to Protein (not bars), Dairy, fruit and veggies that I lose weight and keep full. The chicken and turkey are keeping me full. You can buy fresh cooked shredded chicken in a container at Safeway. That is my new love for food item.
  • mtdang
    mtdang Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Cheese sticks or pistachios (in shell, less salt and takes longer to eat) help me at work. Not sure if your work setting is amenable to this, but I will take breaks to walk some flights of stairs or weather permitting walk around the block outside. Usually by the time I am back at my desk the desire to eat is gone.