Calorie Killers - Chat (10/30 - 11/5)

Options
writemusic4him
writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
Can you believe it's almost November :) Have fun chatting about the show.

The challenge is the busy bee once again :) I figure you might have stuff to do to get ready for Halloween. I'll be cooking for our work potluck. So just stay active during the commercials. It can be an exercise or do stuff around the house.

Happy Halloween!

Replies

• 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do not watch the commercials. I have Tivo and start watching about 8:20pm so I can avoid the commercials. I will be washing the kitchen floor soon. I 'm volunteering tomorrow in my son's class. They are making Halloween masks. I will be baking cookies for their snack and for the teachers tomorrow morning. Not sure if this will count for the challenge.
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow Vegas trip with no trainer. That would be super tough. But it's definitely the more fun penalty so long as they remember to make a lot better choices.
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm doing what they are doing on the show now....I'll be cleaning my kitchen and mopping during the commercial breaks.
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    And I'm putting away clean laundry during the breaks.And packing for my weekend with the boy starting tomorrow. Can't wait for Halloween party tomorrow!
  • Mspmpayne
    Options
    Geezzzzz......there goes Gina. She looks upset.
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    Everyone's starting to look really good/healthy. Seeing some muscle definition. Come on white team, bring it.
  • Mspmpayne
    Options
    Oh poor Blake....that's awful. She was just saying how much she needed to be there. =(
  • lifeisspiffy
    Options
    I'm excited to see how Blake responds to Bob's training.
    And I'm bummed that no one has been able to stay through two weigh-ins at Comeback Canyon. I
  • 12qw34
    12qw34 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Those chocolate covered strawberries looked good! That white team was very strong! Damian Woody is amazing! Not much left of the blue team. Gina looked amazing and her husband was so grateful! When my kids were 4 and under, particularly when they were infants I put my needs last. I have more time to myself now and it really is necessary to take care of yourself to be a healthy member of a family.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I wasn't home last night, so I watched the show online today. During commercial breaks, I sorted through paperwork and mail and cleaned out folders, things like that.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am so glad Blake was able to go to the Comeback Canyon. She looked so upset about thinking she was leaving the show altogether. She is so young and seems so insecure still. I am glad she will be with Bob and able to stay in a supported environment.
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm sad Blake got eliminated too but I'm happy she's with bob at comeback canyon! :)
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I still love the white team and jen too! :) Go white team! :)
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Better late than never for the show chat. Things have been challenging for me since my vertigo attack. Anyway, here goes...

I wasn't surprised to see my man Scott Mitchell win the challenge for the Red team. He's becoming my favorite contestant since Tara Costa (season 7 - 2009), with all due respect to this year's Mike Murburg who inspired the hell out of me.

I also wasn't surprised to see team White get saddled with the Vegas trip. Speaking of team White, I'm concerned about JJ. I think he has some mental obstacles to work through yet. And in last week's preview of this episode, didn't I see him smoking a cigar while he was dancing in Vegas???

I was pretty surprised to see team Red lose the weigh in. I have mixed feelings about Blake (who seems to be popular) as I still think that she was too young to be selected as a contestant and I hope that in the future the producers go for contestants a little older as I felt she's just a kid at this point (but I feel her challenges all the same).

To me, Comeback Canyon has been interesting but disappointing all the same. While we're still waiting for someone to win twice, it doesn't seem like Bob Harper has had his contestants put up very good numbers. Just my 2 cents worth...

I'm looking forward to this week's episode, but I'm not looking forward to special guest Michael Irvin (one of the 3 former football players). Michael Irvin has been a "talking head" on NFL football shows for a number of years and I just don't like him personally. A few years ago he was let go from ESPN when he almost got into a fistfight - live, on-air with another football analyst. I hope that Mr. Irvin doesn't get much air time on this week's show.

I hope that everybody has had a good week!
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I personally gained 7 pounds when I went to Vegas back in March for 4 days/3 nights. Gordon Ramsay Steak, The Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars, lots of slushy drinks from Fat Tuesdays.... oh the memories lol!!! I was super impressed that the White Team still lost weight!
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This was posted under the "Week #8 Weigh-in", so I copied and pasted it here so hopefully your team will receive credit for this post by Baby43204. :)
    Baby43204 wrote: »
    I watched the show and did my challenge

INSANITY CHALLENGE - SEE BELOW:

exercise.png

43598207.png
This discussion has been closed.