Boy or Girl?

Options
jesskreg
jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Did anyone here have a strong feeling about the gender of their baby? Did you end up being right? I keep referring to our baby as "he", and can't help but have a strong feeling that it's a boy. Maybe mother's intuition? We'd be happy with a boy or a girl, though. A healthy, happy baby is what matters. :smiley:

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I wanted a boy, but I knew it would be a girl. I just knew it. And it is. lol. I'm not unhappy with a 2nd girl, mind you, but I'd really like to have a boy too! Hahaha
  • jesskreg
    Options
    I've always imagined us having a little boy, so that could be part of it. We find out in about a month. I'm so excited!
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both felt it was a girl, and we were right (though I was mentally prepared for her to be a boy since I kind of had my heart set on a girl). We should be meeting her any day now!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    With my first, I had a feeling it was a girl because I kept coming up with tons of girl names and no boy names, and I was right :) With the second I keep referring to "her" but I don't know if that's because I think it will be another girl, or because I'm so used to saying "her" and "she" because of our first, or because I'm really hoping for another girl so we can reuse everything we already have! Only time will tell and we'll find out 29 Oct if my "instincts" are correct with this one - I hate waiting!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I was completely convinced that ours would be a girl - to the point that when the scan showed it was a boy (very obviously :D ) I asked the nurse if she was really sure!!! So I'm not sure I trust my instincts. Unfortunately, I had a number of girl name ideas and we are now struggling to come up with names for a boy.
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i won't find out for another 10 weeks or so, but my BF and I both think its a boy for some reason lol. Hope we're right, but at the same time -- a healthy baby is what's most important! :D
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I definitely believe in mother's intuition. I've known early on with both my boys (oldest is 2.5, youngest is due in January)! :)
  • burns429
    burns429 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I assumed early on that we were having a girl but the week of my ultrasound something clicked. I was certain our baby was a boy; maybe I was gearing myself up for the doctor to say "It's a boy". But low-and-behold, I was initially right, she's a girl and I can't wait to meet her!! 3 more weeks to go!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I knew my first would be a boy, and my second would be a girl, but I kind of thought my third would be a boy, although when we found she was a girl I wasn't surprised. We kind of wanted another boy I think, although we wouldn't change her for the world!
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This is my first pregnancy. We both really wanted a girl, but yeah I was almost certain before I was told that it was going to be a girl. I had already named her, we never even chose a boy name as a backup. I don't know what made me so sure.
  • xelor23
    xelor23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    From the day we found out I was pregnant I told everyone that I was sure I was having a boy. When they told us it was indeed a boy, I said "I know." :-) Get to meet him in 3 more months!
  • robynn412
    robynn412 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We had a boy hunch from the beginning...even our 7yr old daughter was automatically referring to "him". Had extra bloodwork done at 12wks, where they could also check gender, and yep...boy it is! Just when I thought this poor baby was going to get all my recycled ideas and big sisters hand me downs...entering brand new territory!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I had a strong feeling my first would be a girl because I had a girl name that I adored & felt strongly about. She came premature & the dr who delivered her was named Lily too! This time, I had a boy name picked out & felt strongly about it & it's a boy!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Must be something about a momma's intuition because I was right! We had our ultrasound Monday, but we told them not to tell us - to write it down and seal it in an envelope. We took that to a bakery to make us a gender reveal cake so we could find out with friends and on video to share with family. It was pink! Somehow I just had a feeling; that and I really wanted to recycle all the girl stuff we already have :smile:
  • jesskreg
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. We find out what we're having in a week. Still think it's a boy... we'll see. :blush:
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    jesskreg wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies everyone. We find out what we're having in a week. Still think it's a boy... we'll see. :blush:

How exciting!! Let us know if it's a boy... or a girl :)

I've felt strongly that I would have a boy since the beginning, then people started telling me "it's a girl!!!!" and I was confused... LOL... I'm not sure anymore, I still think it's a boy especially since the doc at the 13 weeks u/s first said it was probably a boy but then changed his mind saying he couldn't really tell.

Either way I just want to know so I can start buying stuff! I'll know on Dec. 5th!
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I both really want a girl. But everyone around us is saying boy. Nurse said it and couple of friends and co-workers...sigh...We won't find out for a while I don't think. Although, my OB said something about a blood test to check for genetic disorders that will also test for the Y chromosome. So might find out earlier. We have both a boy and girl name picked out but I'm in love with my girl name and I always dream I have a girl. I would love to share the kind of relationship I have with my mom with my own daughter. Who knows...if anyone has any girl vibes they can send my way..lol jk. I'll love lil punkin if it's a boy or girl.
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    We are having a boy - we found out based on the 1st trimester bloodwork. We both wanted a girl (I have had a girl name picked out for years!) We love out little guy either way, but I have always imagined a baby girl when I have thought about babies. I had a feeling it would be a boy this time around, but was hoping for the other. My last pregnancy (which I lost at 22 weeks), I really thought I was having a girl, but it was a boy then too.
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options

When are you due? With my first I wanted a boy but just knew it was a girl, and was right on! With this one I had a feeling from the moment I found out I was pregnant that it would be a boy, and sure enough, it's a little boy! I'm due march 16th :)
  • jesskreg
    Options

When are you due? With my first I wanted a boy but just knew it was a girl, and was right on! With this one I had a feeling from the moment I found out I was pregnant that it would be a boy, and sure enough, it's a little boy! I'm due march 16th :)

I'm due March 25.