Go To Paleo Treats

Options
When I have a craving and really need a treat I blend a frozen organic banana in the food processor with organic dried unsweetened berries and raw cashews. It very closely tastes like ice-cream and saves me from cheating. I would love to hear what others' paleo snack treats are.

Kellie

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I do dark chocolate and a shot of scotch each night. (sshhh I know... )
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My comfort food is pancakes. At the beginning of the week, I make a batch of coconut or almond flour pancakes and keep them in the refrigerator. When I need a sweet treat, I warm up a tablespoon of real maple syrup and the pancake. Yummy and comforting. :) I love your idea of the "ice cream". Will have to try. Thanks! ~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • smittysgirl4ever
    smittysgirl4ever Posts: 34 Member
    Options

LOL My lips are sealed MikeFlyMike :wink:

I am allergic to almonds and am always looking for new coconut flour pancake recipes Skye, would you mind sharing the recipe you use? I haven't been able to find a great one yet.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Crab legs and butter

artichokes

red wine!!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate and a glass of red wine. I've tried a few pudding recipes - mashed avocado, cocoa powder and maple syrup, and one made with cocoa powder and chia seeds. I see a theme here for me - it's all about chocolate!! Another favorite though is sliced apple microwaved with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon. Yum!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is definitely a go-to treat. Larabars also.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Steak.
  • smittysgirl4ever
    smittysgirl4ever Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is definitely a go-to treat. Larabars also.

I love Larabars and have a wicked homemade recipe if you're interested. They are easy, delicious and WAY cheaper.

PS: I suddenly have a craving for steak and crab legs (YUM YUM)
  • welderftw
    Options
    This thread is making my mouthwater. Most of these are great treats and are well deserved. The crab leg treats is great. While on the high end on the price scale for a treat, definitely well deserved at times. What a way to celebrate success, fills my urges for treats as well as keeps me motivated.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm experimenting weekly with grainfree cake recipes. The first one, a chocolate cake with only 6 teaspoons of coconut palm sugar - was very chocolaty, and not sweet. After the first slices as a dessert, I realized it would taste awesome as a chocolate toast with melted butter on it. I'm definitely going to have to make that cake again...
    -
    - The last cake I made (Tuesday) - a Lemon coconut cake - had too much coconut flour and while the flavors were right - had the texture of lemon dirt... That 'treat' is going to take a while to finish ...
  • artistryrose
    artistryrose Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do sweet potato brownies with dark chocolate chunks! And if you want to talk about pancakes... Iv'e tried every recipe and finally found one that tops them all. At least for me. And they are sweet potato pancakes! Holy Moly! I never knew you could sweet potato-fy so many foods and make them moist and delicious.
  • RoseyDgirl
    Options
    is there a recipe for those brownies????
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE sweet potatoes but am trying to NOT eat them much but I'd love to have some recipes!
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I make homemade Larabars. They're much cheaper than store bought and taste better, imo. I'll also make banana nut bread using almond flour. But almond flour pancakes are my favorite.
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit, especially the mango from Trader Joes. Nuts, also usually from Trader Joes. I have not tried any paleo baking yet but it is on my to do list.
  • ElisaMicciulli
    ElisaMicciulli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have also made banana nut cake, but had to turn it into banana nut bread and toast it with some butter to eat it. It wasn't that good and honestly had a grayish color that looked very unappetizing. Yesterday I made banana almond butter pancakes with cinnamon. I purposely made 6, ate one and froze the other 5 in ziploc freezer bags. This way I can save them for longer than a few days and just pop one in the microwave for a minute or so to have as a treat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yours sounds fabulous.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I don't really make treats of any kind...I do drink wine though. If I have a "treat" it is usually more like something I shouldn't be eating like french fries or chicken nuggets (GF always). I did have an ice cream binge not long ago but I hadn't had ANY in 4 years. Not my thing, I am a fried food girl!
  • RoseyDgirl
    Options
    I love treats, and live for them... I have a sweet and salty tooth (scary that I have both) and closer to TOM - they both come out full force. Last night, I did something bad - I bought a bag of butter popcorn. I didn't open it - but, I'm thinking that TOM is going to have me craving that salt and it seems a lesser evil fix than my salt n vinegar potato chips would be...
    -
  • RoseyDgirl
    Options
    I still have 2 icecream bars left... it takes me months to eat ice-cream. and, the colder outside, the less likely I'll touch them.