Great HbA1c evolution in just two months!

Options
KetoGirl83
KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
So I had my diabetes consultation for the first time since starting LCHF and my HbA1c went from 6,5 to 5,8 in just two months. That's the test that checks average blood sugar in the last 3 months. For those not familiar with it, a diabetic on medication that has a value around 7 is considered to be doing really well and the normal/optimal value is about 5.

Of course, averages are just that and although during the day I manage to keep blood sugar levels controlled with food and within the normal range, I always have a way too high fasting number. But the evolution in such a short period is very impressive, enough so that the diabetes nurse congratulated me on it! She said that sadly it's very unusual for a diabetic to ever lower the number on that test. Even with medication the usual is to have it steadily climbing.

You can say I'm a very happy camper this morning! I think I'll have some eggs with bacon! ;)

Replies

• ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations.
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :D Way to go!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome!
  • mherbert0
    mherbert0 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    KetoGirl83 wrote: »
    She said that sadly it's very unusual for a diabetic to ever lower the number on that test. Even with medication the usual is to have it steadily climbing.

You can say I'm a very happy camper this morning! I think I'll have some eggs with bacon! ;)

Good for you! Its good to be unusual! :smiley:
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    that's great ketogirl!! we are both unusual then.. :)
    mine went from 8.6 to 6.2 in 3 months. my cardiologist was astounded and is now trying keto himself.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    That is great news! Keep up the good work...
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It is easier to change lifestyle when we have such a great support group. <3

::flowerforyou::
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    msmi1970 wrote: »
    mine went from 8.6 to 6.2 in 3 months. my cardiologist was astounded and is now trying keto himself.

Holy crap. put that on a T-shirt!!! :wink:

• msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    msmi1970 wrote: »

Holy crap. put that on a T-shirt!!! :wink:

:D actually, that is a great idea!!
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    Nice job!! Your body is thanking you for treating it well!!
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    Congrats!