Weekly Wednesday weigh in for November 12/14

Options
Hello to all. I hope everyone had a good week. I'm happy to report that I've maintained my goal weight again this week. It's trickier than I thought. According to calories in / calories out, I should have lost a pound. Good thing I didn't eat all the calories I could have or I would have gained. It could get even harder as the holidays approach.

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Great Job Computers! I feel like maintaining is as much (or more?) of a challenge than getting to goal weight!

And I'm getting closer to that challenge - another three pounds bit the dust this week. Only 30 pounds to goal weight (geez I wish the calories burned daily would stop going down so much with the weight loss though!)
    - ker (marilyn)
    - 55144478.png
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Computers & ker/Marilyn! Sounds like you both did well this week.

I'm happy to report that I'm down another 0.5 pound :D and getting closer to goal with each loss. I've even changed my ticker to reflect my pounds to go so I'll be motivated to keep at it as the holidays approach.

Hope everyone has a great week and keep up the good work!

Rose

17220854.png

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone...... my scales don't count halves so I seem to have stayed the same...but the scales at Weight Watchers show me down half a pound....... happy enough with that as long as a bit more comes off next week........ I have been eating well and building up exercise so all good here!

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    245910c5vhn8ec6y.gifWay To Go everyone who maintained or lost weight last week!

2209014tyau14z366.gifMy week’s success was maintaining the weight and biking 61.6 miles. I’m still learning the new bike that replaced my much loved Trek that was stolen a few weeks back. With each adjustment, a new set of leg muscles are getting a workout.

Have a great week every!

w3thanksgiving010.gif
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Wow, everyone is doing great! I can't compete with Ker, but I did lose .5 pounds this week.

I think that cutting back on the exercise has really helped me losing again. I don't seem to be retaining the water I was retaining. I also am starting to not feel so "frantic" to exercise, exercise, exercise. I'm still getting in about 45-60 minutes of cardio a day so I'm not slacking.

56604121.png
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Way to go Wooken3. How many miles per day are you doing?
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who lost or stayed the same. I stayed the same, but not getting discouraged. That's improvement for me.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Great week, people - maintaining means not gaining! Congrats to all who released a bit more weight ... and Rose, that's so great that you are within 3 pounds of your goal!

I've released just one pound this week, but it so beats the alternative. I did get in a couple of biking sessions, but only got to the gym once. Mostly I depend on walking to get in exercise on a daily basis ... so I think that is part of the challenge, to get more exercise. I have increased my daily goal from 30 minutes to 40 minutes, so that's a start.

73739389.png
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Reminding self: sometimes it's only .5 pound lost, or 1 pound like this week, despite sticking to goals. But sometimes the fat or water melts away to catch us back up. Always looking on the bright side. Congratulations to everyone who got encouragement from their scale; encouragement to those who must wait a while for it to show up.
    http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/7422/1029/74221029.png[/img][/url
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    Reminding self: sometimes it's only .5 pound lost, or 1 pound like this week, despite sticking to goals. But sometimes the fat or water melts away to catch us back up. Always looking on the bright side. Congratulations to everyone who got encouragement from their scale; encouragement to those who must wait a while for it to show up.
    http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/7422/1029/74221029.png[/img][/url

trying again to include the code correctly:
    74221029.png

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    sharondtd wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone who got encouragement from their scale; encouragement to those who must wait a while for it to show up.

Well said, Sharon. The way the scale goes up and down, it is good to look at the big picture. Congrats on your progress!

• DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was just reading through this weekly check in list and am feeling really inspired to read all of the wonderful posts! Kudos to all of you for all of your hard work and fantastic results!! This is a great group!