Motivation and Accountability Thread, November 10th-16th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
I know I am a bit early this week, but have a super long day tomorrow and knew I would not get this posted until very late in the day otherwise. I have to run out in the morning to let the DR check my leg before work, so I am gone longer than a usual Monday (fun, lol).

My goal this week is to start exercising again. I am shamed to say it, but it has been a FEW MONTHS since I did any real form of exercise. I am aiming for at least a walk everyday, but also 2-3 gym work out that include strength training.

What are your goals for this week?

How many of you plan to keep up with this thread regularly week to week?

What else is going on in your life that you would like to share??

Replies

• topheravila24
    Options
    Great goal, unkown_sister!

I'm also wanting to jump back into working out. Haven't done so since last Monday when the symptoms started showing the tonsillitis. So, goal this week is to do my normal 3 days of strength/cardio mix and then have one day of just cardio.

It's a busy work at work with 3 weeknights of work events, and next Saturday of a full day of work. I really need to make sure I set aside time to work out along with giving myself plenty of sleep to get through the week.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great goal! My goal this week is to walk everyday. I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday, and I want to take really long walks on both of those days. I haven't been to the gym in weeks, but I think it's time to just do it. I'm finding that I prefer to be outdoors to do my workouts but since I have ten months left of my gym membership, I want to make the most out of it.

Other things going on in my life... yesterday, I celebrated four months of no binging. The weekends are very difficult sometimes, but I'm getting better.
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I don't know how I never noticed it before.

My goals this week are:
    No Halloween candy, not even within calorie goals
    drink water on my days off from work (because I never do because I'm spoiled to the ice machine at work)
    do water aerobics at least twice this week.

do you all come back later and say how you did on your goals?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Welcome Imajicat! Yes we do....for the most part I try and check in at this thread everyday....at one point when I was doing them before I felt like I was talking to myself so I stopped, lol, but am trying again. Those are great goals you have this week!!
    I love water aerobics too! I do not do them in the summer months, cuz for some reason if it is hot outside being in an indoor pool makes me feel sick to my stomach, but it is cool enough now, as soon as this sore on my leg is completely gone, I am back to that!!

jocoblossoming - four months with no binging is amazing!! I struggling with that from time to time.... that is no easy feat, make sure you are patting yourself on the back daily for that!

topheravila - busy week, hope you find some time for you.....I see you have already lost 150 pounds, that is truly amazing!

Yesterday I did not get a walk in, I had a really long day between work and the DRs getting my leg checked....but I did log everything and I stayed within my allowed calories.....AND I went to bed at a good time...which, at times, can be a struggle for me. So, all in all, yesterday was a good day.....Today I am taking my kitten to the vet for a check up, and then gonna get a walk in this afternoon.....that is my goal for today, as well as logging of course.....have a great day everyone!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Ok, so I took my kitty to the vet for a check up today, and then came home and slept for three hours! I think I was still catching up from the weekend....yesterday I passed out on the sofa at like 8pm. I need a lot of sleep, like nine hours a night ideally, because I do not produce enough red blood cells, so it makes me tired and easily out of breath.

So, I did not get to go to the gym, the vet appt landed smack in the middle of the day, and then the nap finished it off.....However, I DID go for a WALK!!! I really had to push myself to get out there and am very proud that I did, because that is the first intentional exercise I have done in months....now, to just keep it up....I will not get to walk or go to the gym tomorrow because I have a meeting after work which will get me home at nearly bedtime, but Thursday I am gonna try and go to the gym, seeing as today was the last of the nice days, we are supposed to start freezing starting tomorrow here......

How did everyone else's day go??
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am just now seeing this and am so happy you are doing an accountability thread. This group is normally very quiet so I check in every now and then but will definitely be doing more so now.
    My goal for this week is to stick to the 10 Day Green Smoothie Detox. I am doing the modified version and am on Day 1. If I can stick with this detox I also want to add 2 or 3 days of Zumba.
    I just ordered the 21 Day Fix and will be starting that when after my 10 days. I am more excited about the exercise dvds in there than I am about the help with meals.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @unknown_sister: congrats on the walk! Since we got ice, snow and cold windy weather yesterday and today, no walking outdoors for me. :\ instead I am making sure I get 30 minutes in between walking the halls at work and the treadmill. My goal this week is to log daily.

Welcome to the new posters too!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to get my self together and eat right, I do amazing in the day time and eat right, but in the evening it kills me and I go for the junk food. so today I am tracking everything and exercising and I will not over eat.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    smalleyez- welcome! What is the detox you are on? Do you have a green smoothie for breakfast or all day? Glad you will be checking in more!

jitheis- It was in the 70's here last night, so wonderful....this morning, it has dropped down to coat weather, we knew it was coming....

Skittles - that is my problem too, I can eat great all day every but if I am gonna mess up, its at night, when I am done everything I need to do for the day and am trying to unwind in front of the TV.....some nights I am fine, but other nights, I want to eat all the salt and sugar in the world, lol
  • topheravila24
    Options
    unknown_sister: Thanks! It's a daily struggle still and I continue to hate dieting and exercise, but it is becoming more habitual so it's a plus that I don't have to think as much about everything. Also, congrats on the walk! It's tough getting back into the swing of things, but you got this!

Skittle2183: I feel ya! I love junk food on the weekends. Weekdays are fine because my job keeps me pretty busy, and most of my work colleagues keep me pretty motivated, but on the weekend my friends/family just aren't as health-conscious which makes it difficult to make plans with them that involve food. They are getting better at it and for that I am grateful, but it's a matter of me making sure that I don't let peer influence affect my dieting. Also, with holidays around the corner, it's going to be extra difficult.

Monday, I worked out and stayed in my calorie range. Tuesday, not so much. It was a crazy day at work, so I didn't work out in the morning like I wanted and then I ate what was planned. There was bbq for coworkers lunch and then pizza for dinner at a work event in the evening. I didn't overindulge in my opinion, but I definitely went over my calorie goal by a couple hundred points. Oh well. Time to get back on the bandwagon.

Going to work out today, and keep it within range for calories.
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Unknown_sister: The Green Smoothie Detox is supposed to be 3 green smoothies a day with a crunchy vegetable or boiled egg for snack between them. I am doing the modified version and have a smoothie for breakfast and lunch, then eating a small healthy meal for dinner. Today smoothie is MUCH better than yesterday. The kale in yesterdays threw me off. I would love weather in the 70s to enjoy some outside walking time.

topheravila24- sometimes making time for yourself is the biggest challenge. between working full time, a mother of 2 and life in general it gets hard but this is to better our lives and what we need to remember. The husband and I went out for dinner the other night and I had to make a conscious choice to order something healthy and not my go to favorite!

Have a great day everyone!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well! It was 22 degrees when I got home tonight. I used to go out walking no matter what the weather but I just can't bring myself to do it. Doing my meditation before I prepare for a 14 hour day tomorrow. It's going to be tough to make time for my walk...maybe I will join my students in physical ed!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I don't know if I am gonna get slammed for saying this, but that is the one thing I will not move on is eating out. I eat out about twice a month, and for the money food costs at a causal restaurant, vs the money I make, I cannot justify paying $12 for a salad I could make at home, or a 'light fare' meal I might not enjoy as much, instead of a steak and potato for a few dollars more. Recently I have been trying to log everything even when eating out, and making sure it fits into my calorie allowance for the day, even bringing some home instead of eating it all even if I am full, but I just cannot wrap my head around not getting my favorite. Now, if I am just grabbing lunch at work cuz I didn't have time to pack one or whatever (which does not happen often), I will choose salad and only eat half a sandwich, etc, but if I am going out for dinner with friends or whatnot, I just do not want to settle for less than I want if I am paying good money for it. Kudos to you smalleyez for being able to do that!

I tried kale once and hated it, lol....I could not even finish my salad with that in it.

Today I logged, and stayed in my range again, and in fact, that even includes an evening snack that I might not eat as I am not hungry at all. Tomorrow I have a whole heap of errands to run, and am going to hit the gym, finally....I WILL do this!!
  • topheravila24
    Options
    I have to agree with unknown_sister; when I go out, I plan to enjoy myself and the foods that I don't allow myself on a regular basis. Sometimes I make the conscious decision to eat healthy at a place, especially if they have healthy appetizing meals, but if I go somewhere and all they have is really good bbq, then why not splurge. I'm not saying I do it everyday, but every now and then doesn't hurt. I make the conscious decision to eat poorly sometimes, and I'm okay with that. My weight loss overall has been beyond most people's expectations including mine at times, and so I allow myself to treat myself with really good food from time to time.

Today I logged, and I got my strength/cardio workout this morning. Overall, productive day. :smile:
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    well I stuck to my guns,I and tracked everything, I did go over I have 1500 set but I ate almost 1800 cals which still isn't bad, and I tracked. as of today I tracked what I ate and I went to body pump. so I'm counting this as an ( so far good day )

How is everyone else?
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting here much lately, but I'm still here!

I set myself one goal this week and that was to stay within my calorie goal every day. I'm on day 4, but so far, so good. I've even exercised a couple times, which is a wonderful bonus! :)

With the time change and it getting dark earlier and staying dark longer in the morning, I've just been all over the place, very discouraged not being able to walk outside. (I'm a baby about walking outside in the dark.) But I'm picking myself up and trying to stay on track.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Alright, I feel right off the wagon for a day and a half! UGH!

Wednesday night I had a meeting for work, so I didn't get home until 8pm, which may not seem late, but for me it is. I have OCD, and it takes me at least four hours from the time I stop interacting with people to the time I can sleep. I literally cannot even take phone calls in the evening or I am up way too late. So, I ate great all day....then I found myself up past bedtime, and that is when I am most likely to binge or eat sweets. I ended up eating a LOT of sweets.....and finally got in bed around 1am. Normally, I try and go to bed by 10pm.

I also have a problem producing red blood cells, which makes me very tired, I need a LOT of sleep compared to what I used to. I got up at 7am, sent my son off to school, and by 8am was falling asleep sitting down, so I thought I would have a nap before going out for the day to run errands. I slept until 2pm!!! And even then, I only woke up because the fire alarm in my building was going off. I had to rush up and get ready because I had very limited time to get my son off to the dentist. He was super late getting home for it, literally by the time he got here we had less than five minutes to leave and I was so mad and stressed out. I ate a handful of pretzels on my way out the door, and that was it. By the time we got home, I was starving, and basically spent the rest of the night eating.

Am I alone in the fact that I get thrown off base so easily?? I am very frustrated. However, I am back in the game this morning. I am gonna go have a bite to eat now, and then have a shower to get ready to go out. I have to babysit for a friend for a couple hours this afternoon, and then have a ton of errands to run since I lost a whole day yesterday. Plus have to make sure I am home early enough to go to bed early since I have my early and longest shift of the week tomorrow. I really need to get back to the gym :s that is really frustrating me right now.....

How is everyone else doing??
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Where is everyone???

I did not bad today, went over by 186 calories, but I had to log at the end of the day instead of as I went, so not bad....I will be going to bed very soon, so I know I am done eating today.....
  • AllieLosingIt
    Options

Am I alone in the fact that I get thrown off base so easily?? I am very frustrated. However, I am back in the game this morning. I am gonna go have a bite to eat now, and then have a shower to get ready to go out. I have to babysit for a friend for a couple hours this afternoon, and then have a ton of errands to run since I lost a whole day yesterday. Plus have to make sure I am home early enough to go to bed early since I have my early and longest shift of the week tomorrow. I really need to get back to the gym :s that is really frustrating me right now.....

How is everyone else doing??

@unknown_sister, I totally understand you here. I get thrown off by lots of things. I like routine. I like what I know and am comfortable with and when things aren't working for me, I'm a mess. It's great that you've gotten yourself back in the game now, that's what counts! It's way too easy to just keep doing the stuff you know you shouldn't be doing.
  • AllieLosingIt
    Options
    For the past 5 years I've worked overnight and have slept the morning/early afternoon away and because of that, I'm really only hungry in the late afternoon/evening and it's been a struggle. I'm currently going to bed at a reasonable hour (for me), sleeping at night and attempting to eat at normal times. It is so hard because for some reason in the day I just want to eat, eat, eat.

But now I'm on day 5 of daytime life, daytime eating and I'm still somehow managing to stay under goal and I've done some form of exercise 4 out of the past 5 days.

I feel pretty good right now, I hope I can continue this through the holiday season. :)