Stress eating at work

Options
Any tips for dealing with emotional/stress eating at work? Thanks :)

Replies

• estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would bring fruits with me so I had something healthy to go to :) (instead of just thinking "i'm not supposed to eat anything")
  • awesomekaty
    awesomekaty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I will also bring an apple with me, but I also make it a point to take a 20 minute walk around lunch time no matter how busy I am. It really helps relieve the cause of eating, stress.
  • shillyfitb440
    shillyfitb440 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Munching on carrots or apples....getting up from my desk to do small mundane tasks (faxing, dumping paper in the shredder) or walking up and down stairs...I think my biggest thing was realizing when I am stress eating.
  • birdie_mmw
    birdie_mmw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bring a notepad and take a minute to write out what you're feeling if you can. Keep eating for meal and snack time/break time but not while you work. Hang in there :)
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Resolve the stress. What's causing it? Is it something you can resolve? Or is just a heavy workload? Whatever, talk it over with a professional councillor. Often times work stress, particularly if its to do with people issues, its going to end in disaster - you out of a job. Either resolve your interpersonal problems asap or find another job asap. Same if you are a bad fit for the company (i.e. not doing the job to their satisfaction/expectations). Find another job. Often times, the next place you go to will be better.

I've seen this sort of problem a lot through my own job when i was preparing reports on people with work stress and i've had a few of my own experiences as well. I've learnt.
  • homemadehippy
    homemadehippy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I bring great tasting healthy meals to work and leave all of my cash, checks, charge cards at home. Walking on my lunch helps tremendously. I also moved my office because the snack/dessert table was right next to my desk. Seriously, I didn't even have to get out of my chair to reach the donuts...
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I chug water at work due to this. I also bring an apple to munch... It is so hard because our patients are always bringing us yummy treats