Give each other support for week 4 here!

Options
What's everyones favorite healthy snacks?

Any great, healthy recipe ideas?

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I already planning my Thanksgiving. The family gets the traditional foods. I have decided to try some new low carb dishes. I found a brown rice chicken sausge stuffing recipe on skinnytaste.com
    I am revamping it some. I decided to leave the chicken sausage out. It called for a chicken bullion cube but I just use low sodium chicken broth instead. I also plan to roast some broccoli sprinkled with parmesan. I want to stay on track as much as possible but I don't want to feel deprived.
  • raindancer
    Options
    I just looked and we have 12 days to go in the challenge. I hope we change it then to a new years challenge....hint, hint ;)
  • HokeyPokey2
    HokeyPokey2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Raindancer- Of course we will have a New Years challenge!!! I'll be sure to open one up a few days before Thanksgiving!

I love your roasted broccoli idea. I do something similar with asparagus. I spread them thinly on a cookie pan lined with aluminum foil (makes clean up a snap), spray a little olive oil on them, sprinkle on a little salt and pepper, and then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. So, delicious!
  • raindancer
    Options
    I do my asparagus the same way...we love it.
  • raindancer
    Options
    My family wanted beef stew so I made me a separate pot with zucchini , cabbage, onion and diced tomatoes. It was very good. And fit my plan :D
  • nliette
    nliette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 5 day trip to FL for my niece's wedding and only gained 1 lb! but I must share what my BIL said on our last night there (he was drinking...) Please understand: DD1 size 16, has lost 35 lbs and ran her 1st 1/2 mara in Sept; DD2, size 4 college soccer player, me size 12 also ran 1/2 mara in Sept; DH has lost 50lbs since March. BIL kept saying things like: I'm going to have 2nds, so I can be fat like all of you! When DD1 said she was going up to pack, he said "looks like you've packed on enough already". He told me I'm just like their dog... anytime someone goes into the kitchen I need something to eat too! What a JERK.
    So glad none of us took anything to heart. We're proud of who we are and how healthy we are/becoming.
  • raindancer
    Options
    nliette wrote: »
    Just got back from a 5 day trip to FL for my niece's wedding and only gained 1 lb! but I must share what my BIL said on our last night there (he was drinking...) Please understand: DD1 size 16, has lost 35 lbs and ran her 1st 1/2 mara in Sept; DD2, size 4 college soccer player, me size 12 also ran 1/2 mara in Sept; DH has lost 50lbs since March. BIL kept saying things like: I'm going to have 2nds, so I can be fat like all of you! When DD1 said she was going up to pack, he said "looks like you've packed on enough already". He told me I'm just like their dog... anytime someone goes into the kitchen I need something to eat too! What a JERK.
    So glad none of us took anything to heart. We're proud of who we are and how healthy we are/becoming.

It is a shame we can't pick family like we pick our friends...LOL.
    You did great to only gain lb on vacation...good job

• dclem2012
    dclem2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree some people, including family, are TOXIC.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Great job raindancer!, for only gaining a pound and for putting up with The BIL from hell!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I love almonds........easy to have them on the go and I just got into the dry roasted edamame....lots of protein and fiber:)