Motivation and Accountability Thread, November 10th-16th

Options
2»

Replies

• justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been visiting this group off and on. I started MFP Aug.31 at 362 pounds. I'm happy to say that I have slowly started to exercise and walk and have been logging faithfully for 77 days.

My goal is to build up to a mile a day. So far I can now walk for 5 minutes at a time, and I can now do chair exercises ever day , 25 minutes worth. Since becoming more active I am now having a lot of pain , I ache all night and have to get up and sleep in my recliner. Does it get easier? Has anyone else experienced this at the beginning ?

You are all doing so well.

Goals today: Walk 5 minutes, do chair exercises, drink my water and stay within my calorie limit.
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @justcindy59 - I've never experienced that pain myself, maybe it's something you should mention to a doctor just to be on the safe side? If you're just getting pain/soreness from the exercise, etc., that's pretty normal & gets better with time.

Today I almost bombed. My boyfriend brought home Papa Murphy's pizza and for some reason I thought I was eating thin crust pizza, but it turned out to be original so I blew my calorie goal out of the water. I had been planning to do just a short workout, but I pushed myself so I ultimately ended up under, but it was a struggle and I don't want to do that again.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree. Maybe you should bring up the pain with your doctor. I myself noticed less pain as I started exercising on a regular basis.
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Thank you Allie and shballa for responding, I hope with another ten pounds off I might have less pain. If not I will have to see my doctor.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Welcome justcindy!!

I would think that would get better over time, esp if you have been without exercise for a long time.....but, better safe than sorry!

I have had a crazy busy weekend....food was not wonderful yesterday, I went over by a couple hundred calories....but was pretty good today.....

Never did make it to the gym this week....gonna try again.....I find once I get into a routine with it, it becomes easier to find the time, but than once something throws me off, its a HUGE struggle to get back into it....I just never seem to find the time! Not giving up, once I get back I am really gonna work to keep it up!

I am gonna open the new thread for this upcoming week now, sometimes Monday mornings are so busy it is just easier to do Sunday night if I get online.....

Great week everyone!!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Goal was to log daily which I did in my notebook but not on here; so that is going to be my goal next week to log in both notebook and MFP. I had an okay week. I consistently got over 10,000 steps a day in and this weekend I was able to navigate steps with a normal gait with only minor discomfort in my knee so it seems to be healing. Gonna try some low impact aerobics tonight.

Reading about others struggles with stress eating is so familiar to me! I definitely have the tendency to turn to food, especially breads pastas etc, to alleviate stress. The kicker....it just makes it worse!