Most Challenging WAH DVD?

Options
RejsGirl
RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
I am wondering which Leslie Sansone video(s) people find to be the most challenging and why. I need something that will liven things up a bit!! I'm doing the 4 mile Super Challenge, currently. Thanks!!

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    The 5 Mega Mile is a great burn.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    I like the 5 Day Slim Down and the new Walk Blasters workout is a winner IMHO. It's 10 10 minute workouts, but she has created and advanced walk and 2 others by combining some of the 10 minutes walks. Or you can just pick and choose the walks yourself.

HTH,
    Ann :D
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks very much Ladies!
  • DaLoveLEE1
    DaLoveLEE1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like the Belly Blasting miles. It gives me a good workout for only two miles.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk (all low impact) and 4 Fast Miles (boosted/jogging) have the best calorie burns for the length in my testing. Belly Blasting Miles or 2 Fast Miles are good for days when you need a short workout.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Most challenging for short workouts.....

1 milers: 1 Mile Jog (from 1 Mile Walk Boosters)....2nd runner up: Walk Away the Pounds for Abs Super Challenge 1 Mile

2 milers: (tie) 2 Mile Power Walk premix (from Just Walk 4 Mile Power Walk) and Walk Away the Pounds Walk Strong (not express). 3rd runner up: The Big Burn (from Just Walk).

3 milers: Walk Weight Loss Bootcamp (Walk at Home), and 2nd runner up: 3 Mile Super Walk from the Walk Blasters kit (mentioned by Anne above).
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    how do you log the more upbeat videos? Still low impact? Circuit training? High impact? I am looking for new videos
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Walk and Tone Advance Walk is my short on time, but I need a good workout workout.
    It was on Exercise TV, but I found it on YouTube. It combines 2 intervals of boosted walking and 2 intervals of various squats and lunges. I am always surprised with the calorie burn of this quick 22 minute workout. For an extra boost I use 15 lb weights during the squats and lunges and do a little more boosted walking.

3 Mile Burn Body Fat is for my "I need to combine strength and cardio together and burn a lot of calories" workout. I use 5 lb hand weights throughout the entire video except for the warm up, the very fast pace halfway through and the cool down. Great workout!

5 Really Big Miles is my weekend go to workout when I have time and extra energy. This one also have boosted walking, squats and lunges and use the resistance band, but I usually use heavier weights instead. I'm in really good physical shape (daily exerciser) and I almost always "feel it" the next day which is impressive.

Some of my honorable mentions are listed here too like 4 Fast Miles, 5 Mega Miles and The Big Burn 2 Miles of Intervals is also a good one IMO.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    These suggestions are great! I really like the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk as well - each mile has a jog segment at the end. Each mile ends up being around 12-13 minutes. Also 4 Really Big Miles and 4 Fast Miles are good! And if you're ever not feeling challenged enough, bump it up on your own! I add arms and all sorts of things... Good luck!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Poofersgrl wrote: »
    how do you log the more upbeat videos? Still low impact? Circuit training? High impact? I am looking for new videos

It seems like MFP is working on the Blog section of the boards. Their own blog is called HelloHealthy. They actually interviewed Leslie a few months ago! She recommended her workouts be logged under "Aerobics, general."

I think if you have a heart rate monitor or other device that is set up to show you how many calories you are burning, you could create the workout under your exercise tab and put how many actual calories you burned vs. what Aerobics, general says.

Hope they get that blog fixed, it has a lot of interesting info and tips as well as interviews with people in the health/fitness field.

Hope this helps.