Season 5 - Episode 6 - "Consumed" - 11/16/14

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 11/16/14 episode.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-506-the-walking-dead-consumed

YouTube Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rN8qp3JBE

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Great episode! Very moving. I especially liked the dialog and moments between Darryl and Carol. Everyone has been through so much, but Carol especially so.

The Thelma and Louise jump off the bridge in the van scared me... :D

Seeing the empty, bombed out downtown Atlanta was haunting...

• Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I wasn't sad that Darryl and Carol didn't get it on when they had the chance. They need to clean up and take a bath first because you know Carol hasn't bathed since she put walker gore over her face at Terminus :) ... Kidding aside, they're still a bit wounded and they had a mission to do. When they finally do it, I'm sure it will be the right moment.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Loved the episode but can I just mention how much I LOVE it when Yvette Nicole Brown and CM Punk are on Talking Dead together? YNB gives the best insight and I love how into it she is every time.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    soaps54 wrote: »
    Loved the episode but can I just mention how much I LOVE it when Yvette Nicole Brown and CM Punk are on Talking Dead together? YNB gives the best insight and I love how into it she is every time.

She's amazing, she should be like the sidekick and be on every episode.

I'm not sad that Carol and Darryl are still just friends. They're kinda perfect that way, I feel like they both probably have relationship issues so they have to take it super slow.

Loved Noah getting the jump on them just in time to get jumped :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    soaps54 wrote: »

YES SO MUCH THIS!!!! Every episode of Talking Dead needs to have at least one of them.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My kids and I are all wrestling nerds, so I LOVE when CM Punk is on. And I think the 2 of them make a great pair, and she is awesome with all of her notes!

This episode was great. I loved seeing Carol and Daryl together after so long. And now we know that Noah is the one coming back to the church. I still hope Morgan hooks up with them somehow though. And it was really cool getting back into Atlanta again, I love seeing the complete destruction and abandonment of it.

And the previews, omg! The next 2 episodes are going to be intense.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    My kids and I are all wrestling nerds, so I LOVE when CM Punk is on. And I think the 2 of them make a great pair, and she is awesome with all of her notes!

This episode was great. I loved seeing Carol and Daryl together after so long. And now we know that Noah is the one coming back to the church. I still hope Morgan hooks up with them somehow though. And it was really cool getting back into Atlanta again, I love seeing the complete destruction and abandonment of it.

OMG did you see the preview on TTD?? Dawn has to GO!

• Booksandbeaches
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No one mentioned Darryl's hilarious observation that the modern painting looked like dog sat in paint and wiped its a$s all over the place. :D

I agree. I guess I'm not so taken with modern art.

I can't believe this site will block the word a$s. Feel like I'm in kindergarten.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Funny how in a zombie apocalypse, all great art work is meaningless, money means nothing and the important things are food, friends and weapons. oh, and a nice place to sleep (like a prision) now and then.

I liked this episode for the insight into Carol's background. I know they are probably going to be killing off a major character sometime soon, and now I hope it's not Carol (or Daryll)
  • Tiernan1212
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Oh yes, and I hope Beth is the one to take her out >:)
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Just got back from six weeks without live TV so binge watched the entire season this weekend. Wow! While this was a somewhat slower episode, I agree that getting the background on Carol was priceless. Great setup for the final episodes (can't be already!) I haven't seen TTD yet so can't comment there.
  • sofaking6
    Options

Oh yes, and I hope Beth is the one to take her out >:)

With those little scissors she palmed at the end of her episode <g>

I could see them killing off Carol, but never Darryl. They know who the moneymaker is.

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but I was a littler underwhelmed with this episode. Carol seemed to "meh" to me in this episode. Maybe that's what they were trying to convey. She just seems to have given up on any hope.

I like the growth they are showing in Daryl. It broke my heart when that book fell out of his backpack. Such a touching moment.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED the scene where they found the zombies in the sleeping bags. That's a good way to make sure that they can't move.

And I have to say why did Carol pull such a NOOB move and run into the street and get hit by the car?? Did she do it on purpose?
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Seeing the empty, bombed out downtown Atlanta was haunting...

I loved that they revisited all of the old spots from the first season. They showed the tank were Glenn found Rick. They showed the fence where Rick left the moving van when they went back for Merle. They showed the freeway that Rick rode his horse down. It's a good way to show much everything has deteriorated.
  • sofaking6
    Options

And I have to say why did Carol pull such a NOOB move and run into the street and get hit by the car?? Did she do it on purpose?

So I said on Facebook and I still believe it :)

• Tiernan1212
    Options

Honestly though, I don't think I would expect a car to be flying down the street in a deserted, walker infested city. Now, I know they were following the car, but me personally? After having gotten used to no cars driving around I may have also forgotten to look first lol.
  • sofaking6
    Options

Honestly though, I don't think I would expect a car to be flying down the street in a deserted, walker infested city. Now, I know they were following the car, but me personally? After having gotten used to no cars driving around I may have also forgotten to look first lol.

Well but we saw her at the door, and then saw her getting hit. We did not see her walk in front of the car so I have to think that's important? Maybe it's just wishful thinking :)

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Well but we saw her at the door, and then saw her getting hit. We did not see her walk in front of the car so I have to think that's important? Maybe it's just wishful thinking :)

I was wondering if it was intentional. They knew they were there, parked, and then when she ran towards the road, they hit her. I wouldn't put it past those crazies.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    RBXChas wrote: »

I was wondering if it was intentional. They knew they were there, parked, and then when she ran towards the road, they hit her. I wouldn't put it past those crazies.

Yeah actually thinking more about it, I bet you're exactly right.