Hiking

Options
Hello everyone,

What are your favorite hikes in and around the Lower Mainland?

I love Eagle Bluffs on Cypress, and I really like Minnekhada too.

I'm trying to improve my fitness so I can do harder longer hikes. I want to do Joffre Lakes this summer - has anyone done it?

Replies

• cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do most of my hiking at Golden Ears...it is so close to my house, so it is easy for me to get there, even to do some quick hiking after work :) My Mother in Law is part of a hiking group and has shown us some of the hikes that aren't on the normal trail map so it is nice to do some of the off the beaten track ones.

I really need to get to different places, and explore other areas :)

Happy Hiking! keep me posted on new ones you do.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Joffre's yet but a friend of mine has a cabin near there and has done it many times, it's one of her faves in the area. It's definitely on my list.
    I've done lots of north shore stuff, and I like The Chief out in Squamish, but I'm in Langley, so I'd really like to try doing some in and around Manning Park area this summer (not really lower mainland but a fairly easy drive for me)

I do like Golden Ears as well, it's cool that you know people to show you some of the off-map trails, because Golden Ears is very busy on a nice day!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I haven't done The Chief yet, but I'd like to do it this summer. I did the first part on my way to Upper Shannon Falls - that one had a great view as well.
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I tend to do most of my hiking in the Belcarra/Anmore area. The Jug Island trail is a good one. I also like Buntzen lake. Lots of options there.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ooh yah Buntzen lake is great... I love it there in the summer. Nothing like a quick swim mid-hike :)
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yea, the other end of the lake is the perfect spot to go for a dip!
  • AddieOverhaul
    Options
    Yah I've done Jug Island, and one of the trails at Buntzen - I like that area as well. I found Jug Island a bit short though, so we did another one nearby after...I can't remember what it was called though.
  • AddieOverhaul
    Options
    Oh I also did Hayward Lake recently and that one was quite pretty.
  • prodaptive
    Options
    Just did Eagle bluffs and definitely one of my favorites now. The lake on the way (Cabin lake?) is fantastic.
  • AddieOverhaul
    Options
    I did Eagle Bluffs a few weekends ago and the ravens at the viewpoint put on quite a show. I got some great pictures of them and watched them steal someone's lunch! That hike never disappoints!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lindsay lake above Bunson is GORGEOUS if you can get a day that isn't foggy up there! I love that area! Golden ears is great, also the UBC research forest is good for smaller hikes to just get out there! I also LOVE the lindamen/greendrop lakes hike out by chillowack lake.