Motivation and Accountability Thread, November 17th - 23rd

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
My goal this week is to start exercising again. Again.... :s
And to continue to log my food everyday.

What are your goals for this week?

What else is going on in your life that you would like to share??

Replies

• zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This week, I want to do my best to not let stress get to me. There's a lot to do at work, but I need to make time to go on walks during my break and go to the gym during lunch. I did well today and am determined to make this week successful.

• shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in, I've been MIA for a little while due to just normal life business and being sick. My goal is to start exercising, I'm going to start off slowly and say at least once this week and track all my food every day.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue to work on daily logging, and am adding 10 minutes of guided meditation when I arrive at work and before I leave work to help with stress management. Positive thoughts for everyone on achieving their goals this week!
  • purplefluffie
    purplefluffie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to start exercising. I can only do chair exercises because it's hard for me to stand up for very long due to my weight. I have been putting this off for a long time, so this will be a big step for me.
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much having to count on the food bank for food right now so eating too much isn't much of an issue its making sure I eat enough(I only had soup today and a small handful of chips from a bad my mom bought). My main goal is to get up early and get things done around the farm and house. I don't have much energy but its slowly coming back now that im taking my thyroid medication.
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to work 5 days (it's hard to self-motivate when you don't have a boss), to log my food every day (except the 17th, I used that as a 'no track' day) and to exercise 4 times. So far I've worked once and done nothing else, so obviously a wonderful start.

I also am trying to be more active here because I find it really helps with my motivation when I keep my head in the game here.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    my goal is to log all my food this week. and to get 1 hour of exercise a day.
    I keep stepping back and I need to be more active on here and get my stuff together. I don't want to give up and let the food control me anymore
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    For last week I made 3 out of 4 of my goals. I logged 6 out of 7 days, went to the pool twice and did not have any halloween candy. I did not meet my goal of drinking enough water on my days off from work, so it'll be a goal for me again this week!

My goals for this week are:
    1. Drink a minimum of 32 ounces of water on each of my days off from work.
    2. Honestly log everything I eat for 6 out of 7 days
    3. Go the the pool for either laps or water aerobics 2 times during the week and walk outside for at least 10 minutes 1 time during the week.
    4. Stay under calorie goal for 6 out of 7 days
    5. Write a shopping and meal plan for next week and shop/cook for it!

thanks for this thread.
    May the force be with you all!
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was proud of myself last night, hubby and I did some shopping after work including Ikea and we were getting hungry, but said no to eating out and went with what we had planned at home...even though walking past the cinnamon rolls was pretty close to torture...I swear they pump that smell in the place where you pick up your pieces so you are craving it by the time you walk by the little cafe, but we said no and walked right out.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Today, I was very close to not going to the gym, but I went for thirty minutes. I don't think I'm quite ready to go for a full hour yet. I think I'm doing well with not letting stress get to me. I'm realizing that whether or not I binge, I will still feel uncomfortable sometimes and that food never really solved anything. I feel a step closer to really understanding myself, so I feel like this week is a success.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Man, I had a rough week.....my kitten got so sick, she stopped eating completely and was throwing up. Between that,, work and all the errands I had to do in the last three days, I am burned right out. And way lacking on sleep! Plus, I had a really bad acid reflux attack in Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and I am still trying to work the rest of the crap out of my lungs....To top it all off, we are buried in snow, most of the city closed down last night, and it is not looking much better today!!

My eating has been crap the last few days, eating really close to bedtime, eating too much and sweets to curb the stress. I am staying home all day today because I am just too burnt out to do anything else, but I am going to get back on track for eating and logging.....and try to decompress a bit......
  • michellewalker8866
    Options
    This week my goal was to get my steps in that my vivofit set for me each day. I can say all but 2 days I did accomplished that. I was a little nervous I went to the doctor's today and everything look good. Even though this last year I gain all my weight back and 10 pounds more. I still was making choices like no diet sodas and in the last 6 months I was cutting back on the sweet tea, and food choices I was eating salads instead of hamburgers when we would go to fast food. So, my test results today was I am no longer borderline diabetic, my cholesterol levels is just a little high, blood pressure is good. So, right now even though I didn't have a big lost this week. I feel great about the test results.

My food choices have not been that great. It seems like I say I have to cut something out. Then I crave that item so much I have to have it. Like I am not a big sweets person. So, I said I am not going to eat any ice cream. That is all I wanted this week.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am on a roller coaster and from what I am reading I'm not alone...thank goodness! I do great at eating healthy but I can't seem to get in the exercise or I get in a good workout but I don't eat healthy. And I am not handling my stress well at all. I had my first day off in two weeks and never made it out my pjs. I did walk on the treadmill but no where near the 10,000 steps I aim for daily. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day with a chance to do better at being healthy...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Eating has been pretty good for me the last few days....but I just cannot seem to find the time to exercise.....my week this next week coming up is jam packed too.....and as we get into the Christmas season, this is just gonna get worse.....it seems like between work, errands, housework, and my kitten that seems to get sick more often than not, I am at full capacity all the time.....Like today, it is just after 8am right now, I am leaving for shopping soon, hopefully will be home by 1-2pm, then have to put everything away and start laundry for the week, prep cook, clean, and if I am lucky, I will get to sit down by 9pm to watch Walking Dead before bed. When I do get a single free day, all I want to do it relax because I am so busy all the time. I know after New Years life SHOULD slow down a bit....but that seems so far away :\