Gonna get my bleep together

Options
jackibailey
jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
I have had a horrible four weeks. My little brother passed away on October 19th and I came home to Utah from Texas the next day. So yeah my diet has not been normal. And it's not that I'm eating junk or eating what I'm not supposed to. It's that I haven't been eating enough. I've been for sure getting my water in every day but definitely not getting enough protein. Skipping shakes. Skipping meals. And I know it's messed with my weight loss. I go home on Friday. So when I get home I will buy all my groceries I need and get back into my routine. Eating and exercise. I don't know. I just don't feel like myself. I've gotta get my bleep together.

Replies

• sunshine5474
    sunshine5474 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So sorry for you loss...give yourself a break. You'll get back on track.
  • DiamondRidge
    DiamondRidge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up too badly - they didn't remove your humanity when they did your WLS... Take care of yourself and grieve your brother. Don't worry about the weight loss, worry about staying healthy and sane - healthy and sane will pair with the weight coming off without you worrying about it right now.
    -
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! You will get it back together. If you come home and still have trouble wrapping your head around it all, just make sure to get some portable protein snacks and keep some in your car or purse, at work, etc. I have protein bars and shakes with me wherever I go, and that helps me stay on track.
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry! WLS is hard enough without going through a horrible loss. I agree with the others. Give yourself some time to heal emotionally, and the physical part will catch back up.
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your brother. Good thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Give yourself time, you'll be just fine. Best wishes.
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you lost your brother. Hang in there. When you get back you will get back to your normal eating pattern.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers on your loss. Try to take it easy and be patient with yourself. You will get through this and back on track.