March 2015 Mommies!

Options

Replies

• salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Due March 22nd. Having a scheduled csection the week before. I hope my baby boy bakes that long! I got pre eclampsia with my toddler and had a emergency csection at 33 weeks. I'm hoping I don't have a repeat of that chaos and guilt!

We told everyone the day after we found out. Some night we found out. My fiance didn't think he could have kids so both our babies have been surprises and he couldn't hold it in very long!
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We had our 20-wk ultrasound last week and confirmed baby #2 is also a girl!! That makes 2 girls for us and my hubby WAY outnumbered (we have 2 female dogs too!) LOL. But I found out he was secretly hoping for another daughter anyway - awwwww :smile: The ultrasound was done in a radiology department and the head dr had to come to see a few more images just to make sure he saw exactly what he was looking for, but everything was spot on and "couldn't be more on schedule" :wink: This one has been way more active than the first - the first she do an occasional stretch of arms but mostly it was hiccups I felt. Have the 20-wk follow-up apt with my midwife Wednesday to go over the ultrasound results in more details, and she should be happy because according to my scale I have gained a few more pounds which is what she was wanting to see (so far up 10 lbs at 21 weeks - much better than the first time!).
    Update to our 20 week ultrasound...

During the ultrasound (and based on feedback from the tech/dr), there didn't seem to be any issues/reason to worry (baby was exactly where she should be at 20 weeks growth wise, organs, spine, etc. that they were looking at looked good). However, at our 20-week appt with the midwife the following week to discuss the results, among other things for this milestone, we were told the report noted an abnormality in the ultrasound: what should be a 3-vessel umbilical cord is only a 2. In other words, (besides the blood vessel that delivers nutrients to the baby), instead of the 2 arteries that carry waste away from the baby, there's only 1. This happens in .5-1% of pregnancies. Because the kidney and heart ultrasound pics looked normal, we look to fall in the 75% of the 1% that result in normal births with no issues. But my midwife is not taking any chances and is working on the side of caution: I'm being referred to another hospital in town with a specialty clinic every couple weeks to have additional detailed ultrasounds & fetal echocardiograms and around 34 weeks I'll go twice a week fetal monitoring. All of this is to make sure the heart and kidneys are still ok, baby's growth stays on track, and keep watch for any other issues/defects that could arise. Also, because of the potential of higher risk for complications (to include potential stillbirth) after 39 weeks should things not stay normal, they will induce early.

Anyone else known of anyone with this? I've done some research on it and from what I can tell the gist of the message is "as long as everything else is normal, there's nothing to worry about." Still doesn't stop me from constantly thinking worse-case scenario every time I do/don't feel something now throughout the rest of my 18 weeks :frowning:

That is very stressful! Prayers everything stays going well. I have no experience, but HUGS!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    We had our 20-wk ultrasound last week and confirmed baby #2 is also a girl!! That makes 2 girls for us and my hubby WAY outnumbered (we have 2 female dogs too!) LOL. But I found out he was secretly hoping for another daughter anyway - awwwww :smile: The ultrasound was done in a radiology department and the head dr had to come to see a few more images just to make sure he saw exactly what he was looking for, but everything was spot on and "couldn't be more on schedule" :wink: This one has been way more active than the first - the first she do an occasional stretch of arms but mostly it was hiccups I felt. Have the 20-wk follow-up apt with my midwife Wednesday to go over the ultrasound results in more details, and she should be happy because according to my scale I have gained a few more pounds which is what she was wanting to see (so far up 10 lbs at 21 weeks - much better than the first time!).
    Update to our 20 week ultrasound...

During the ultrasound (and based on feedback from the tech/dr), there didn't seem to be any issues/reason to worry (baby was exactly where she should be at 20 weeks growth wise, organs, spine, etc. that they were looking at looked good). However, at our 20-week appt with the midwife the following week to discuss the results, among other things for this milestone, we were told the report noted an abnormality in the ultrasound: what should be a 3-vessel umbilical cord is only a 2. In other words, (besides the blood vessel that delivers nutrients to the baby), instead of the 2 arteries that carry waste away from the baby, there's only 1. This happens in .5-1% of pregnancies. Because the kidney and heart ultrasound pics looked normal, we look to fall in the 75% of the 1% that result in normal births with no issues. But my midwife is not taking any chances and is working on the side of caution: I'm being referred to another hospital in town with a specialty clinic every couple weeks to have additional detailed ultrasounds & fetal echocardiograms and around 34 weeks I'll go twice a week fetal monitoring. All of this is to make sure the heart and kidneys are still ok, baby's growth stays on track, and keep watch for any other issues/defects that could arise. Also, because of the potential of higher risk for complications (to include potential stillbirth) after 39 weeks should things not stay normal, they will induce early.

Anyone else known of anyone with this? I've done some research on it and from what I can tell the gist of the message is "as long as everything else is normal, there's nothing to worry about." Still doesn't stop me from constantly thinking worse-case scenario every time I do/don't feel something now throughout the rest of my 18 weeks :frowning:

I know its hard not to worry but try to stay positive!! I haven't heard of this before but I wish you all the best.
  • MelissR75
    Options
    Im getting very bored with prenatal yoga...plus the instructor irritates me! if I hear "now glance down at your growing belly and smile" one more time I might just throw something at the TV! I think Im going to try pilates for a few weeks instead on non-lifting days. Do any of you have a good Pilates DVD you can recommend? I Had my 22 week check-up today..Ive gained 13 pounds so far. I was very happy :) Now I dont feel so bad when I cave and devour a donut (or 2)!! lol. The baby's heart rate is great and of course Im measuring a week ahead of schedule but that was always the case with my other 3 pregnancies also. Ive never made it to my actual due date and all my kids were good sizes. My boys were both 8lbs and my daughter (my 3rd baby) was 9lbs. We will see what this little girl has in store for me!
    Have a great day ☺☺☺
  • Longtobelean
    Options
    Today I am going to get my Rograhm shot and glucose screening. :-1: Wish me luck!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Today I am going to get my Rograhm shot and glucose screening. :-1: Wish me luck!
    Good luck!

I'm going in for my detailed ultrasound and fetal echocardiogram this afternoon (because of the SUA)... pray for continued good news!
  • Longtobelean
    Options
    Good luck!

I'm going in for my detailed ultrasound and fetal echocardiogram this afternoon (because of the SUA)... pray for continued good news!

I will pray. We both need good news! :smiley:
  • lilchino4af
    Options
    Good luck!

Thanks - good news! While confirmed a SUA, everything else looked good with no signs of visible genetic issues and she was in the 55th percentile for growth! As long as everything continues on this path, she'll be a healthy normal baby girl :smile:

• Longtobelean
    Options
    Good luck!

Thanks - good news! While confirmed a SUA, everything else looked good with no signs of visible genetic issues and she was in the 55th percentile for growth! As long as everything continues on this path, she'll be a healthy normal baby girl :smile:

Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you!

I did not receive good news. :-( I failed my glucose screening. So I have to go the 11th to do the 3 hour glucose test. If I fail it, I will be diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Boo! I also was hosipitilized this weekend for pneumonia. So I am on meds and trying to get over that. They wanted to retest my blood this week, but I told them I wouldn't do it until I was off antibotics.

However, the baby is doing great and looking great, so I am very happy about that.
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm having a planned c-section on March 18. This is my third baby :). I already have a girl and a boy. This one is a girl! I'm getting my glucose test done this week, wish me luck!! I had gestational diabetes with my 2nd so it's not looking too god for me.
  • Longtobelean
    Options
    Well, I went for my 3 hour test and puked it all up. I get the pleasure :s of trying again sometime this week.
  • MelissR75
    Options
    I went for my check-up today. Im 25 weeks 6 days but am measuring 29 weeks, sooooo they scheduled me for an ultraosund tomorrow to check on her growth. Ive also gained about 10lbs in 4 weeks which is crazy. I feel huge (its literally all belly) so Im sure she is going to be a big girl (both my boys were 8lbs and my daughter was 9lbs) Ive got a turkey cooking in my belly! lol
  • iellaiella
    iellaiella Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I am new to the group. I am due March 11th, but will have a scheduled induction on March 5th. I had very low odds of being able to get pregnant, so this is a miracle baby for us. We are so excited, and can't wait to meet our baby girl! However, I got chastized by my doctor for gaing ning 8 lbs. between appointments (over Thanksgiving, which lasts a week in my family). I have lost 6 of the 8 in the past 2 weeks. This is a step in the right direction since my doctor does not want me to gain ANY MORE weight before delivery. This will be a challenge, but I'm up to it!
  • Longtobelean
    Options
    I took the 3 hr again and failed the fasting portion. So they put me on gestational diabetes diet. Yay. Not. It is my 3rd day on it. I was very overwhelmed the first day, but it is getting easier and my numbers have been great so far.
  • lilchino4af
    Options
    I took the 3 hr again and failed the fasting portion. So they put me on gestational diabetes diet. Yay. Not. It is my 3rd day on it. I was very overwhelmed the first day, but it is getting easier and my numbers have been great so far.
    Bummer - sorry to hear that! Hope it continues to go well for you!

• teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new to this group (just found it!) but I am due on March 10th with my second little boy--I have a 3.5 year old. My eating has been horrible over the holidays but I'm ready to start tracking again. I'm great at the fitness side of things since I teach cycle classes, Bodyworks (light weights/high reps), and yoga. I feel very fortunate to be 31 weeks and still feeling great physically. At my last appointment I had gained 16 pounds which I was happy with. I have another one on Thursday though and that may not be so great since I've been eating like a pig over Christmas/New Years :smiley:

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well and I would love to find a supportive group through the rest of this pregnancy and through the postpartum period. I struggled for a couple of months after my first son because I was a little depressed I think and way overwhelmed. I'm hoping to get back in the gym again after my six week checkup because I really think that regulates my mood a lot. I didn't really do ANYthing until my son was four months and didn't get seriously into it again until 10 months.

Teresa

• Longtobelean
    Options
    I'm guessing it is following the gestational diabetes diet, but I'm losing weight. In the last 2 weeks, I have lost 8 lbs. I'm 32 weeks 3 days. Any one else losing weight at the end? I usually lose 2-4 lbs at 35 weeks, but never this early or this much.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    HI ladies :) I am due March 12th with our first..a little girl. I am so excited as the time gets closer. on the fitness end of things I have been walking every day and I go to the gym mostly on the wknds when I feel up to it. Through out this entire pregnancy thus far I have been simply listening to my body and doing what I can when I can. I has gained about 13 pounds so far (my little girl is currently weighing a little over 3 pounds). I wish you all luck and I am excited to have found this group
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Due March 6, up about 22lbs, want to stay around 30lb total so hopefully I will be ok. Still exercising usually 6 days a week, doing body beast right now. Having to lay off weights for legs because of groin pain. I think the relaxin hormone is kicking in. Hopefully everyone is feeling good!
  • v35lmt
    v35lmt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing here? Our due dates are getting crazy close!