Update on my Match adventures

2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Agreed Anna .. I don't message guys with beards. I always picture food and stuff being stuck in them. lol

hehehe! me too! However, I am talking to a guy now who has some pics with beard, some without. I told him he looks better without..... :D

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Judging by your pictures - you're good looking and have a good sense of humor, so I wonder if it's your profile? You can always post it on here and ask for an opinion.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited November 2014
    Thanks!

I am not using any dating sites at the moment (except tinder which doesn't even require a profile). .But when I do I will post my profile paragraph here for advice! I never know how much to write or how much I should say about myself or how much I should say about what I'm looking for or whether I'm too wry or too serious or what. . so it would definitely be educational to post it here and see what y'all think. .

One more important point is that things fell off dramatically when I turned 45. I did have some small success at least getting some replies before that fateful day. .

As for the beard. . I look horrible with nothing, although I usually don't keep a full beard, just a bit around the mouth. .

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2014
    I dont see why your age has anything to do with it. 45 is a great age!! Unless you're targeting women a lot younger??

Also, I seldom contact men on Tinder who say nothing in their profile!! Cos invariably if you're a good looking guy in your 40's then you're just after a hook up!! THAT is the impression women get from just a pic. So I'd write a little about yourself on there to dispel the myth... :)
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    edited November 2014
    Agreed Anna .. I don't message guys with beards. I always picture food and stuff being stuck in them. lol

I thought I was the only one!!! I can't stand beards and the recent beard trend is terrible. They even have Beard Oil. Ewwww! Why would I want a slick oily beard chafing my face while kissing a guy?! 5:00 shadow on the other hand is perfect though, in my opinion. :smile:

I have tried them all. POF (multiple times), eHarmony, match, Tinder, OkCupid, Badoo (probably the worst). TONS of creeps and guys "only after 1 thing". I give up, delete all dating apps, then get bored and figure "why not"....and sign back up. Recently nothing has developed aside from texting or messaging through the website. I don't want a text buddy. I'm 31 not 14. I have plenty of IRL friends for that. One (younger) guy got mad because I stopped responding after he would just constantly text me "Good morning" "What are you doing?" "Goodnight". Then when I would log onto the website he would message me through there and say something like "Bored huh? What are you doing up so late?" That was it for like 2 weeks! LEAVE ME ALONE!! LOL! Then I felt bad but he eventually messaged me "You could at least respond..." Why? So you can not talk to me all day then message me "Good morning" tomorrow?! Others have done the same...messaged for awhile about shared interests or work, etc...then nothing...then "Hey stranger haven't talked to you for awhile." Sooooo what happened to guys asking the girl out on an actual date? Is that not a thing anymore? One guy I actually had a few phone conversations with texted me "So when am I going to see you?" I said "Whenever you ask me out on a date!" Yes, I know "It's 2014/take the initiative/girl power". I get it. Is that so wrong that I WANT someone to go after ME instead of the other way around? On the other hand, I fear I may be stuck in my ways also. Or too picky. Or both. I kind of just don't care anymore. I've become complacent. I'm not happy being alone but I'm not exactly sad either...plus I need to drop this weight. Which is why I'm here. ::shrug:: Aside from a 2-month relationship a few years ago, I've been single for 7 years. I'm only 31.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

I thought I was the only one!!! I can't stand beards and the recent beard trend is terrible. They even have Beard Oil. Ewwww! Why would I want a slick oily beard chafing my face while kissing a guy?! 5:00 shadow on the other hand is perfect though, in my opinion. :smile:

Beardcists! Shame on both of you. ( T _ T) lol j/k though I am participating in Noshavember. My current profile pic shows 2 weeks so far. I am on the fence about keeping it after November is over though.

• laurenz2501
    edited November 2014
    @lacroyx: See yours isn't a bad length at all, I think. It's still pretty light. Fitting actually.

I'm moreso referring to this:
    beard-transplant-28.jpg
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Cesar - It's not all women, I'm a fan of well groomed beards and gotta say, yours looks good! ;) I also like your new pic, very handsome. :D
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    @Cameron: why would things slow down due to your age??? that doesn't make sense. also, who says you don't look good without facial hair of some sort? we wouldn't know cuz we haven't seen you without it. ;)

@everyone: i keep hearing about Tinder. is it worth my time? should i sign up for it or is it strictly a bootie call site? I do ok in that area as it is.

also: my take on beards... depends on the guy. clean shaven face: YAY! well groomed beard - if it fits the guy - oooo la la! sexy sexy! duck dynasty beards - BLECH!
  • lacroyx
    pa_jorg wrote: »
    Cesar - It's not all women, I'm a fan of well groomed beards and gotta say, yours looks good! ;) I also like your new pic, very handsome. :D

awww thank you. also beard facts
    2013-07-01-4bed194.png
  • lacroyx
    @lacroyx: See yours isn't a bad length at all, I think. It's still pretty light. Fitting actually.

I'm moreso referring to this:
    beard-transplant-28.jpg

I don't think I could deal with mine being that long.
  • laurenz2501
    Well you should give us updates on your beard this month lol @lacroyx because it looks great in your profile pic!

Okay guys....

I have a confession....

New guy just started at my job. He is HOT. Makes me nervous lol! Full on beard. And he looks like a mountain man. I'm....flabbergasted. And I stand corrected. Still not my cup of tea but...I'm definitely impressed! :smile:
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Hahahah! I agree Laurenz .. the tight beard is ok .. but when it starts to actually GROW .. no no no. lol ew.
  • laurenz2501
    @Jennifer10723 LOL agreed!!

@sweetcurlz: Regarding Tinder....just my personal experience....the one thing I DO like about it is that you can only contact someone if you're a match. Of course this has pros and cons. It's good because someone you're not intersted in can't message you...but on the other hand that kind of sucks because if you see someone you're interested in, you can't message them if you don't match....and you might not be a match simply because they don't use the app often. You can only communicate with matches. So you have to go on somewhat frequently and click the heart to "like" or the X to "not like". I was on there quite a bit last week...ended up getting a few more mutual matches but no one said anything lol...well there was one but it didn't work out...I say go for it and try it. Can't hurt.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    edited November 2014
    I for one prefer men with beards. My bf grew one out when we were in the mountains for 9 days and omg I loved the whole mountain manly man look. >:) Yummmmmmmmmy!

I consider myself attractive but def not the hottest girl out there. My profile was always witty and funny. I never had a problem finding online dates. Sometimes it was slower than other times but I was always meeting guys. And I never met a creeper either.. Well except one but he was more of a douche, not a creeper.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Another problem with tinder (for me anyway) is that I tend to break through with my emails and my wit, which is pretty decent on a good day!. With tinder there are so many women that I would at least have a shot at if I could just send a really good opener. .but i never get that chance because my selfies all suck and they swipe 'no thanks'. .lol. Also, in tinder-land, there are no second chances.. Once you've been swiped, that person will never see you again. .so if you don't put your best face forward, you miss your chance. At least on other dating sites, you can update your pics and your profile and maybe get another look from someone that initially wasn't interested. .
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Online dating IMO.....NO THANKS! Tried multiple sites. Met a few, dated a few, but most are jerks. Still waiting and praying for the right one! Right now I'm focusing on getting myself healthy. I don't want or need the distraction of a relationship. Always gets me side tracked lol
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    yup - I have hung up my on-line dating profiles for good. I have tried. Several different sites and finally now at 45 - I am moving to a place of acceptance of being single.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    yup - I have hung up my on-line dating profiles for good. I have tried. Several different sites and finally now at 45 - I am moving to a place of acceptance of being single.

I'm there with you. It makes me sad, but it just seems to be what it is.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    I actually kind of like Tinder. It's a lot faster to weed out the creeps and I have really found some good matches on there. Another plus is that it is super easy to just unmatch someone and they can't keep bothering you :)