When did you start noticing results?

Options
KValmera71
KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
I am on day 95 and down 38 lbs as of today. Start weight was 345 and I am at 306.6 now. I have noticed small differences but overall, really do not feel like I have lost almost 40 lbs! When you start at such a large weight, does it take a LOT to start noticing a difference? I saw a patient today and she asked me if i had lost. She said she can see it in my face, lol my face?? She was drawing a line down her jawline. Of course I wear scrubs and those aren't really flattering on big people. So I am just curious, how much weight did it take before people really took notice????

Replies

• Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It takes a bit longer the more you have to lose. I have been up and down the scale and never see a big difference myself until around 50 pounds. then it's small things like seeing my wrist bones or part of a clavicle or something. The face does always thin out faster than anything else (except the boobs!). In my experience, other people don't start commenting until around 60+, but I also had a higher starting weight than you at 390.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I've lost 87 lbs since January and I still can't always see it. Sometimes side-by-side pictures help me... but at the same time since I've always had such a poor view of myself anyway my mind will revert back to a bad place and I'll only notice how far I still have to go instead of how far I've come already. Gotta keep reminding myself this is a slow process, took me 30 years to put the weight on and it won't come off overnight..

Before pictures, 410 lbs. And yes that's Phil Margera haha.
    psdeku87q5pa.jpg
    rfp7a54n2cuu.jpg

And during/current...323 lbs

kzue2vx3omcc.jpg

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    38 lbs down, that's awesome. You should be very proud of yourself.
    You should really start noticing clothes feeling different and needing to get into smaller sizes within the next 10 lbs.
    As far as other people commenting, it's really hard to predict. Close people like family and friends will start to comment once you hit about 50. Others may take longer, you just need to not think about it too much and the take the compliments when they come. It's better that way.
    KameHameHaaaa you really look great. Your face has changed a lot. Look at it like a great adventure and never forget where you started from and how far you've come. You did it and you should be very proud of yourself.
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @Kvalmera71 You and I are about the same in weights. I started at 340 and am currently 298 and the only place I notice a difference is in my boobs :neutral_face: I've gone down two bra sizes but not a single pants size!! My friends say they see it in my face. Cheeks and neck especially but I just don't see it at all. Pics help but its tough when you start in the 3s and 4s.

Also congrats to you on your loss, Same to you @KameHameHaaaa you look great!
  • michellewalker8866
    Options
    Kame you can see the different. You are looking good. I do know how you feel. Our minds are our worst enemy. I also so wish this weight would come off over night. It took me 23 years to put on over 190 pounds. I also struggle with looking in the mirror and seeing the worst. I with you I just got keep going. Keep up the good work.
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One thing that has really helped me with this is taking pictures on a regular basis. I still can't really see the difference in the mirror but when I put my pics side by side I can see a difference. I usually try to wear the same outfit and stand in the same place. I was doing this almost monthly but I skipped a few months.