New Here, Pre-op monitoring not losing

Options
I am having 2 shakes a day and eating dinner. no snacks. no sweets. I am also moving by walking. I am 5'2" and weight 240. BMI is 43. HELP. I have a weigh in today and am scared. My last weigh-in I actually gained 2 lbs! I dont know how. Also looking for some friends for support (women only please)

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I am having 2 shakes a day and eating dinner. no snacks. no sweets. I am also moving by walking. I am 5'2" and weight 240. BMI is 43. HELP. I have a weigh in today and am scared. My last weigh-in I actually gained 2 lbs! I dont know how. Also looking for some friends for support (women only please)

Is someone able to observe you at night? I know this sounds weird but two of my friends from support group were sleep eating. They figured it out when they woke up with food wrappers in their bed. These were not freaky crazy people-one is a banker and the other a college professor. at first they blamed their husbands thinking it a practical joke. otherwise I wouldn't worry, at 240 lbs you can retain a lot of water due to hormone shift. when I was over 250 I could shift 8lbs of water in a day easy due to cycle. now at 146 I will only shift 1-2lbs of water during cycle. the big reveal for me is ALWAYS my clothes. they have no elastic so I know immediately. your clothes should be looser
  • _Divalicious_
    _Divalicious_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I dont sleep eat as I dont sleep well and wake up during the night several times to turn over, each time waking my poor hubby. :( I never leave the bed. I dont snack. I dont eat junk food, and dont eat fast food.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I think sleep is a big part of it. I think that and stress are my biggest problems. You should be losing on what you are eating. Have they done a sleep study? You can try mixing your food up and having higher and lower calorie days and maybe decreasing some carbs. Carbs tend to hold on to more water. Also you can increase your activity or change it up. I have found in the past that mixing things up a little can get the weight loss moving. Be patient, it will come off. You are doing a great job.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would track everything on the MFP food diary to make sure that dinner is not messing you up. The sleep deprivation can attribute to weight issues. Also, make sure you are getting in enough water because otherwise, your body will hold onto excess water when you are dehydrated. Check your nutrition breakdown of the protein shakes also because some have more carbs and calories than others. Good luck!
  • juliebccs
    Options
    Sleep or lack of it is probably contributing to this lack of loss. It is well know that once the body gets to shut down and repair itself, it uses energy to do so. Usually the energy you have stored. The reason you wake up in the morning and need a pee is that your system is cleansing. If you are not sleeping, your not repairing. Hence the slow or no weight loss. I NEVER lose weight if I fail to sleep well,,even for one night. Add that up to a few in a row and my body will retain fluid. You might have to get control of your sleep or at least improve it as surgery can only do so much on it's own. Good luck.