Epic Fail

Options
Does anyone else's diets/healthy eating go out the window after drinking alcohol.

OK so last night totally had way too many calories due to the alcohol consumption but not only that arriving in at 5.35 I eat a pizza. I know, vile right?

Feel so bad today combination of hangover, eating crap and guilt!

Anyone else have this problem? And do you think dancing for 4 plus hours sort of evens out the pizza's and all the alcohol consumed on a night out?

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else's diets/healthy eating go out the window after drinking alcohol.

OK so last night totally had way too many calories due to the alcohol consumption but not only that arriving in at 5.35 I eat a pizza. I know, vile right?

Feel so bad today combination of hangover, eating crap and guilt!

Anyone else have this problem? And do you think dancing for 4 plus hours sort of evens out the pizza's and all the alcohol consumed on a night out?

Did you log the dancing?

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago and felt like crap afterward...but you can keep going....I always tell myself one day does not make or break a healthy lifestyle...it's a day. You can start over again today. Eat light, hydrate and try to work out if you can get to feeling better.

Also, a friend of mine suggests eating dill pickles if you have a hangover to correct the electorlyte imbalance...I have noticed it does help me.

Don't beat yourself up...to quote "Anne of Green Gables":
    Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Some people's lives go out the window, never mind their diet !
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    one night shouldnt throw u off too much. i've done it a couple times and stayed on track afterward, why does unhealthy food taste sooo good when ur drinking!?!?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    And do you think dancing for 4 plus hours sort of evens out the pizza's and all the alcohol consumed on a night out?

do you think that? very doubtful but if you had fun who cares?
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've made bad food decisions after drinking. I try to keep my alcohol consumption down to 2 - 3 drinks when I'm letting loose to avoid the calories from the booze and the lowered inhibitions.

I looked in the database - a whole pizza will run at least 2000 cals (I used Little Caesars) and dancing for 4 hours will burn (for my weight) about 1400.

But, you are going to have days when you go over. I had one yesterday - we went out to a nice dinner, and I made the decision in advance that I was going to eat what I wanted - I just have to be able to accept the effect that those extra calories will have on my progress. One bad day doesn't ruin your whole week, just get back on track.
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    One day of letting loose does not define you or your efforts. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over again! :flowerforyou:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you will fall off that wagon, as long as it's not a daily thing and you jump back on the wagon you'll be OK..it's a good burn dancing so much but the alcohol has empty calories with no nutritional value...the pizza usually has a fair bit of fat..I know how easy it is to eat though...now today is another day jump up and get back at it...
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day! Breath in, breath out, move forward!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yes. It happens to me all the time. But one bad day is just that. ONE bad day. Compared to all the good ones it's just a minor hiccup.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Stop punishing yourself for taking a night off and having a good time. It's allowed to do that on rare occasions. Now, to quote Scarlett O'Hara: Tommorrow is another day. Wipe the slate clean and start again.
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    Yeah I guess your all right, one bad day doesn't make a bad week and letting your hair down once in a while is much needed.
    I couldn't even bring myself to log the pizza, I was too scared to see how many calories would be in it!
    Yes junk food taste a 100 times better when intoxicated! Luckily none of the takeaways were open at that time in the morning or I think it could of been worse, if a dominoes would of been open then it would of been brutal.

On the plus side I have recovered from my hangover :) and almost feel human again..Yaay!