Where did YOU 1st notice your weight loss?!?

Options
2BeHappy2
2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
I haven't yet been told that I "look" like I have lost weight...honestly, I don't know how Id react!
Last weekend running into someone who hadn't seen me in yrs (back when my husband used to play ball and Id go with him to watch), this person asked me how my health was.
The way he asked almost implied like he thought I was "sick."
Although my weight seems to be stuck like a tube in my front, my bra fits different, my back feels smoother.
My jewelry is loose to the point where I cant even wear my wedding set anymore for fear of losing it.
Even though I only lost 20 lbs pre-op (13 was required for my pre-op for my 15%), 1 day while out I went to point at something and when I flung my arm out my ring went flying off 1 of my fingers.
It took me a minute to realize the clanging sound I was hearing was my ring rolling across the ground and that's when it became evident that I could no longer wear that :sob:
Im into my 5th week post-op and just the other day I noticed I could see my lower neck bones/muscles which I haven't seen since I don't know when.
For the past couple weeks sleeping on my left side is no longer comfortable.
I don't know when I became a side sleeper, my preference was my left side!
A couple weeks ago while on my right side...although not as comfy, I had my left arm draped over my left hip and felt this big bone sticking out.
My hip bone no longer has the cushion it used to.
So even though Im not losing my weight where Id wish it (front tummy and inner thighs), I can see/notice other areas of where I am :smiley:

Replies

• homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot in my legs first b/c of the way/type of excecize I do most - eliptical/ arc trainer, walking...but I did notice for a while that it was uneven and I felt out of proportion- like a tomato with toothpics for arms and legs- it's evened out since then! There's time when I go a few weeks with out loosing - like now - but my body seems to change shape during those times and the waist band of my pants start fitting better.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    sorry to shatter bubbles of hope but the belly, inner thigh, upper arm and pudenda fat are the last and least likely to leave unless you get to the lower end of normal wt for ht.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Well, my arms don't worry me, Ive always been pretty muscular in my arms but not so much in my legs.
    While I realize that it may be awhile before I notice any real significant difference in my mid section, only being 5 weeks out I know its hard to see a clear view of the future but I believe in due time I will get there.
    Even if I don't lose it all, down the road will be so much better than where Im at right now :relieved:
    Its good to know that others have been and were successful, something to strive for!
    That's a good analogy Homer...I got the image of a balloon w/ sticks sticking out...lol!
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    sorry to shatter bubbles of hope but the belly, inner thigh, upper arm and pudenda fat are the last and least likely to leave unless you get to the lower end of normal wt for ht.

I had to look that one up.
  • lbrown1428
    lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 35 lbs now (8 1/2 weeks post op). I've noticed my legs not visually, but in all of my pants they are very loose in my legs. I figured my actual waist line would be one of the last things to lose in because it's not that big I just had the big hang over gut ever since having my kids. However my waist has shrank a few inches as well. My hip bones also are showing more. The big love handles have shrank a lot. My face is also a lot thinner and I can tell my hang over gut has shrank up a lot as well.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I feel like my loss was noticeable first in my face and neck area. After that it was pretty much all over.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Around my upper middle. I noticed my waist reappearing! Also face and neck. FYI, you can get various ring sizing devices you can use temporarily until you are ready to get them permanently resized. Google ring sizers. I used them for the first year. Finally had my faves sized last month!
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I started first on my head, neck, face. Now it's sort of moving down. My calves have gotten tighter and smaller and my thighs are trimming up. It seems that everything is moving toward the middle where it's fighting to stay. I saw my dietitian yesterday and she was said she couldn't believe it, that she didn't hardly recognize me. Made me feel pretty good since it was a group setting/meeting. But yea, it seems that everything is retreating to the middle. I'll be so happy when I can run and start the ab exercises.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    My waist is smaller than my hips and legs. But it seems like the fat is coming off like taking off layers of a big coat. My arms are smaller but still seem big, my legs are also smaller but seem big as well, because my stomach is also getting smaller. I take my measurements and base that as my loss.

I looked in the mirror at the gym, which I always try to avoid when I work out in class, I saw this person, and I said to my husband, does this mirror make you look smaller or what. He then came over and stood by me, well the mirror was not playing tricks, it was me! The smaller me.

I had my husband take pictures of me every 3 months. That helps too, I guess our mind isn't quite ready to see the new body even though clothes are falling off, but when I see those pictures I see how much smaller I have become.

I will never be model thin and I will always have larger legs, they will just be muscular again instead of fat.!

• JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I took all of my body measurements, calves, thighs, hips, buttocks, waist, bust line, under bust line, upper arms and neck two weeks before surgery. At 3 weeks post surgery I'm down 19 lbs and at two weeks post-op I measured myself again. I lost at least a half inch to 2 inches off each measurement. I have lost 3 inches off my waist which was very exciting.
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know my waist is smaller because some of my pants are falling off, bur I don't see it. I did feel my hip bone and I don't think I could before
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Awe, I love these!
    I explained to someone the other day on here that because I know of things not fitting me in the right places ie: rings, shirts falling off my shoulders~even though theyre still hanging onto my middle :blush:, collar bone being more evident, feeling hip bones etc, its still like looking into 1 of those wacky mirrors you see at amusement parks and seeing myself as still being "big"
    I told my husband today that Ive never been able to lose this much weight in this short of time.
    Sure Ive been able to lose a few here and there but I could get them back faster than it took me to lose them...and they were never truly lost cause theyd always come back :neutral_face: