Beat the Holiday Season, wear that LBD by NYE

Options
Jcolonel49
Jcolonel49 Posts: 14 Member
Hi Everyone,

Last year I lost about 10 lbs during the Holiday Season [Nov 1st to Dec 31st] and have maintained keeping it off. Nothing felt more fabulous than beating the holiday bulge.
I want to drop a bit more & tone up again this time around too.

If you are looking to lose, tone up, and ring in the New Year fit and fabulous share your goals, tips, questions, and motivations here!

: )
Jess

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Great! I'm also determined to lose over the holidays. Not gaining this time around haha.
  • Jcolonel49
    Jcolonel49 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Great! I'm also determined to lose over the holidays. Not gaining this time around haha.

Awesome, ditto! Any strategies or plans you are making to do so?
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I was sort of on a break for the last three months and I just went back to logging last week. I would like to drop around 8 more pounds by spring and then see how I look at that point. If I can get there by the end of the year that would be great but I don't think it will happen. I'm really just looking for more ab definition.
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Trying to tone up for the Xmas party dress, switching up exercises and keeping a look out for new ones I haven't tried yet. New favorite is the Russian Twist
  • bekkahlokey
    Options
    Losing is my goal, I'd like to be down at least 5 lbs by the new year. And toning is a must. Eating paleo and working out. More yoga and back to running.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You guys must have been reading my mind, as far as getting the jump on this project which got going for me a week ago. It would have been sooner, but I was derailed by injury at the beginning of November and then a short illness but I'm back on deck for sure now. I only have a few pounds to lose, so this is doable. I'm at my gym too, so that's in place as it's been for a long time. Now, with my lifestyle I'm not aiming for the LBD, but for warm-weather wear as we're heading to Palm Desert and another desert locale from Dec. 19th until Jan. 2nd. Why not sail into the New Year feeling and looking great already, rather than waiting until Jan. 1st. to "start the diet" etc. We've got this!:)
  • mckaytobe
    mckaytobe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm going to focus on each opportunity-making better choices each time. So when I'm at a BBQ or a workplace morning tea, lunch etc. I am going to think "just this time, I will eat the healthier choice. Next time, I can have a treat." But then deep down I know that I will do the same next time, tricking myself into thinking it will be only a temporary sacrifice and I will get to indulge soon keeps me making good choices. I will, of course, give in on a couple of occasions but only in moderation.

What are other people's tips?

I am 59kg and looking to drop back down a few kgs after putting it on. I do a lot of running and exercise which obviously allows me to eat more every day but unless I eat well, I find it very hard to actually lose any weight.