November Challenge ~ Nov 17th -- Nov 23rd

Options
cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,448 Member
Let's do this again! I'm hoping you still find this fun and different and inspiring!! :D

12 Ball Wall Squats (No ball? then do a 30 second wall squat)

12 Lateral Shuffles ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkC4epVed4Q

12 Close Grip Lat Pull-Downs ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQIJu5j5YD8

12 Seated Bent-Over Rear Flys ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q8i37zaO6U

12 Bicep Curls

12 Forearm Side-Lying Leg Lifts (ea side) ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggCyevSjVt4

12 Basic Crunch

12 Oblique Reach and Crunch ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98eX0ndm7Z4

These are youtube links. Copy and paste&go to your address bar. Just watch out for the train doing that last one!! :s

Do this routine twice. :#<3<3

Chris

Replies

• claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't think everyone's found this. Can we make it show up first?
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Doing challenge x3 tonight.

Going to be sure to hit the gym while at the condo and maybe the spa too for a massage. Still packing and trying to tie up loose ends before we leave, UGH!

We got lucky yesterday and the BIG snow storm kept just North of us and really walloped Buffalo. Super cold and windy but it beats the 2-3 feet of snow they are digging out of.

Stay warm ladies

Lynnette
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    Checking in to be counted, Clara!

Does keeping your cool while dealing with incompetent fools (or competent liars) count as a workout.

Hope Shelley's not too tied up with all the safety responses. What a nightmare that weather is!

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Clara - It will remain at the top as long as we are posting in it. This new forum doesn't have the ability to flag a thread so that it remains at the top until you un-flag it like we had before. I forget what that was called, but it wasn't FLAG because that's a BAD THING HERE.

Lynnette -- Glad about the snow...great workout!...packing is fun...unpacking, well...!

Paula -- I deal with them everyday except my liar is an incompetent liar and has a "tell" when he is lying. He turn bright red from his neck to the top of his head. And ...yes... because it is exhausting, it is considered exercise! I bet we could tell each other some incredible stories.

Well, today is a REST DAY for me. DD had her second round of teacher interviews for her dissertation paper, so she was tied up. Our workout last night is starting to get back at me!! ow! ow! ow!

I hope you all are having a good week.

Chris
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    I am reporting in to share that I am wearing pants today --- SIZE 8 pants that is!, for the first time in my life. Feels good. First time ever in single digit sizes. Started at size 26 and my goal is size 6
    We got 2 inches snow on Sunday but it is all melted away now thank goodness. I feel for you with LOTS of lingering snow.
    I failed horribly with food over the weekend as I supported my church bazaar by buying some of their baked goods to bring to work to share with coworkers on Monday. However, 4 items were already gone by Sunday evening. Next year, I will just hand them some money and walk out without the goodies. Lesson learned
    I have been bad about exercise, trying to use my spare time to finish reading Mockingjay book so I can see the movie tomorrow night with my son.
    I love the talk about dealing with liars..my ex was a pathological liar and it was exhausting dealing with him so I know your pain.
    Kim
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Did not work out this am as I slept late. But I think I did need the sleep. Should work out when I get home, but working out in the evening is not something that comes naturally to me. However, I have logged all my food and am doing okay with food today!
    Weather is not that cold here, but my library building is always cold. Fighting with the County Property Management about it. The yoga class in the large meeting room came to tell me that they were freezing!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,901 Member
    Options
    Guys I am finally getting back on track. Will catch up with you all tomorrow! Hugs. :blush:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Yesterday was a blaa day with way too much food. Today I hit the gym w/DD. We workout on the mats for a while then hit the treadmills because all the machines we needed had bodies on them! Got our challenge done X3 except the squats.

Tomorrow will be better.

Chris

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Well yesterday we had a retirement party at work. Ate to much! Chris I found my sling shot! You better behave this week. :wink:

I have been so busy this week. Still squeezed in some zumba and kettles. So hopefully it balanced out.

Clara I think it is great that they allow yoga in the library. But you are right, turn up some heat! :smile:

Kim I am sending you more hugs. Your progress always inspires me. You keep it up. :h

Have to run. Talk with you all later.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Okay...got our challenge done X3 and a bunch of steps too...then went out walking after it stopped raining...wait...what is rain, again??? Oh, yeah, that wet stuff. Now I'm thinking about getting on the recumbent for about 50 minutes...need some miles for another challenge. Plus that fact that I've been sitting on my butt this week.

Okay...everyone have a great Saturday and don't get snowed on...well, except Paula...Paula, enjoy the wet stuff!!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris did you ever figure out how to stack two of those recumbent bikes? :trollface:

My local salt water store, 4 hours and 1 state away, sent me an email. :D They have a new shipment. They have mandarins Dragonette' s in. So I am heading out in the morning to go look. I so hope that have a nice little fat baby Draco. :sweat_smile: Trying not to get my hopes up to high.

Chris I got in a kettlebell workout. Still sore for at least a day after doing them. So this ride is going to be a bit uncomfortable. :cold_sweat: So what is the count down? Oh I also got in a walk with the boys. It was so windy I should call it resistant training! :sunglasses: Lmao.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Count ... 28 days until the wedding ... 129 days until retirement

No stacking...the recumbent lost out today...got lazy...11.38 miles with 21,347 steps was enough! Maybe tomorrow.

Shelley...did you see the new workout? Just for you!!! Good luck finding a fat baby Draco.

Pillow searching begins now...reading a good Michael Connelly - The Burning Room - book too!

Tomorrow, my friends.

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got our challenge done X2 and a bunch of steps...22,357 for the day. Walked w/DH and Bean this morning. Shopped, made a new soup...Chicken and Three Bean Chili Verde. Much tastier than what I made last week. I'll just have to see how it holds up during the week.

Gym tomorrow w/DD.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My Mom conquered her fear of flying and came to visit, Yay! She's been so afraid, but turned out the only thing that bothered her once she got onboard was the fellow next door who kept his window blind down. She wanted to see outside! LOL!

So I am hanging out with her this week. There is no internet where she is staying, so please forgive my prolonged silences. Thinking of you!

Chris, I'm looking forward to comparing notes with you. :bigsmile:

Kim - we're the same size! How fun!

Shelley - Best wishes adopting your newest baby! :laugh:

Lynnette, Kathy, Clara - Hugs and kisses!

My workout this week is walking between Derek & Mom and all the moving furniture and cleaning. The electrical in the kitchen went out (no oven or dishwasher) = heard gnawing in the kitchen cabinets today, uh-oh. #mouse_in_the_house!

Love all,
    Paula