overwhelmed

Options
LoraKay131
LoraKay131 Posts: 58 Member
i am at a point in which i am feeling overwhelmed. i stress over the most minute of things. i average my calories, and then go back and look at 5 more calculators to be sure im in a deficit. and then i watch keto videos, then i throw away my pecans...i do some push ups and squats, and i mean to do taebo, and i dont. am i just being an emotional baby right now? am i annoying everyone with my rambling confusion? im obsessing too much. im reading too much. im doing that thing where i want to tweak everything and NOTHING IS WRONG. i think i just needed to rant, and *sigh* want someone to tell me its okay, just keto the f*&^k on lady. do you guys think that 1700 cals is too much?

Replies

• LoraKay131
    Options
    i dont know how to delete this...and i sound like a whiney attention *ahem* person of looser morals....my bad fellow lchf buddies.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Stop obsessing.
    Take one day at a time. If you are consistently doing 1700 and not losing fast enough, cut it by 100 after another week. I'm finding it more difficult to lose with less weight to lose myself.

It takes time and consistency to get anywhere. You aren't going to lose every day always. Sometimes there's a woosh. After days of nothing. That's what I'm currently waiting for. My woosh. In the meantime, I keto-on. Our goal here is at the week's end to see a loss.

So everyday, stay with your goal. Make yourself workout (you feel better after). And breathe. I want this stupid fat off YESTERDAY!!! mad-be710e7af76d008c70b5a405056cac10.gif But that's not the way it works.

KCKO, lady. :wink: If it ain't broke yet, leave it be. :heart:

• LoraKay131
    Options
    *giggle* i really needed to hear that. im losing fairly well on the 1700, along with the few maintenance cal days lately....im going to go workout. yes, ill feel much better. thank you.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight, then it's not too much. In fact, you may even be able to increase your calories and still lose, depending on the current rate you're losing. That's one of the nice things about this way of eating -- you can often increase your caloric intake and still lose weight.

Take a step back, breathe, and just keep doing what you're doing. You said yourself that nothing is wrong, so quit trying to "fix" what isn't broken.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Hi Lora,

I only want to comment about the pecans. Pecans are great Keto food, UNLESS you're eating a whole bunch of them (like a pound of them). They do have carbs, but not too many and they have good fat. I usually eat them everyday, because I love them so much. I usually eat 20 (half) pieces. That's one oz. 1 oz has 2 grams of carbs, 11g of fat. 1.5 protein. Almost all nuts are good Keto food, cashews, almonds, macadamia, walnuts, and seeds like: peanuts and sunflower. Some are lower carb than others. So don't throw them away!

Dan the Man from Pecan Land
  • LoraKay131
    Options
    thank you dan, the pecan man!! :) i already salvaged them, as i shall continue as ive begun. as dragon stated, 'quit trying to fix what isnt broken'. :) i appreciate the support and lack of name calling. :s
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options

You just needed to VENT-
    - we all need to from time time .......Thats what we are here for-

and like some one else said its the long term not day to day -

KCKO
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Hi Lora,

I only want to comment about the pecans. Pecans are great Keto food, UNLESS you're eating a whole bunch of them (like a pound of them). They do have carbs, but not too many and they have good fat. I usually eat them everyday, because I love them so much. I usually eat 20 (half) pieces. That's one oz. 1 oz has 2 grams of carbs, 11g of fat. 1.5 protein. Almost all nuts are good Keto food, cashews, almonds, macadamia, walnuts, and seeds like: peanuts and sunflower. Some are lower carb than others. So don't throw them away!

I've been eating salted almond alot lately, because my new job has be working anywhere from 3pm to 11pm (ie 3-8, 4-10, 5-11) which means I miss dinner time, so I've been trying to eat most of my calories before I go in, and bring a baggie of about 1.5-1.75 servings of almonds, which are a quick and easy snack on my very short break.

Try not to obsess too much.

• DittoDan
    Options
    Hi Lora,

I've been eating salted almond alot lately, because my new job has be working anywhere from 3pm to 11pm (ie 3-8, 4-10, 5-11) which means I miss dinner time, so I've been trying to eat most of my calories before I go in, and bring a baggie of about 1.5-1.75 servings of almonds, which are a quick and easy snack on my very short break.

Try not to obsess too much.

Thanks Nic for reminding me. Yeah, I forgot about mentioning the SALT. Its a whole lot easier to increase your salt intake on this diet if you get salted nut/peanuts. I have to put portions of these nuts in a small container. If not I would eat the WHOLE can or bag of them! :DB)

Dan the Salted Nutty Man from Michigan
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Not all nuts are created equal though. If you want to up your fat calories without pushing too much protein, pine nuts and cashews are sky high in fat.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Not all nuts are created equal though. If you want to up your fat calories without pushing too much protein, pine nuts and cashews are sky high in fat.

Being an engineer, I had made an Excel spreadsheet for raw foods and their macros. To confirm what you said, here is a pic on the "nuts" portion of my spreadsheet"

m0ng0xglyb9x.jpg

The nuts are mostly salted & dry roasted.

The source of my info is: Calorieking.com

There is a possibility that there are typos, because I hand inputted all the info.

I hope this helps.

Dan the Man from Spreadsheet Land

• DittoDan
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi Lora,

I see I made an error in my previous quote above. in 30 grams of pecans, which is "Simple Truth" brand raw pecans. There are 22 grams of fat, 4 grams carbs, 3 grams protein. Not sure why I was so far off. Maybe I got from MFP or used one oz. (which is slightly lower weight than 30 grams).

Dan the Man from Error Land
  • LoraKay131
    Options
    thank you all for your input, it is appreciated. and...im going to keep eating nuts, because they are delicious, and filling. i will continue to be very careful regarding portion. :)