Snick snacks @ night

Options
Hi Guys

I am trying really hard to find something that is low cal but gives me a sugar boost. What do you eat at night for a treat?

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    special k chewy delight bar. 97 cal.
    curly wurly 115. cals.
  • ypnenh
    Options
    Shape yogurt. 75cal a pot
  • lolly715
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth, and generally have (at least) one sweet every day. Here are my staples.

Maltesers. The fun size bags are about 100cals and if you let each one dissolve instead of crunching it, you can actually make those tiny packs last for ages.

Same for the fun size Smarties and Milky Way bars, although they're under 70 cals!

Soleros (the original exotic ones) are amazing and only 94cals!

Mini meringues are about 20 cals each, great for an instant sugar hit. Crumble one on top of a low cal yoghurt for some crunch and extra sweetness.

Muller light dessert pots. The choc mint ones are lush.

Tesco Healthy Living caramel sundaes. About 110 cals and a good size pot.

Snack pack Oreos, you get 2 per pack and each is around 50 cals.

Mikado sticks. The regular ones are 10 cals each, I like the king ones at 20 cals each.

The mini (15g) bars of Green & Blacks for a serious chocolate hit. Cals depend on the flavour, but usually around 85.

But if I have enough calories after dinner, nothing beats a mini Magnum at 170 cals. Current addiction is the hazelnut one!

ETA: Some of the above contain sweeteners, if they're an issue for you. I personally don't have a problem with them and this treat is the only time I will have them anyway.
  • cw106
    Options
    choc oronge aero mousse.84 cals.
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good question and some great answers. I'm making notes!

I've found the mini packs of fruit-tellas which have 3 in each, for when I 'need' the chewy side of sweet.

Thank you for the post!
  • nige101
    nige101 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Kallo - Belgian Dark Chocolate with Organic Rice Cake Thins 55 cals each and they sell them in poundland :happy:
  • I eat Nakd bars when Im on nights and feeling peckish, Chocolate ones are 100 cals and the fruit ones even less
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Also, taking notes :happy: I will have to buy some curly wurlys, I forgot about them, I used to eat them when I was on WW just to give me that choccie hit xx
  • emb76
    emb76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like this thread, my downfall is snacking at night :)
    If you can be bothered, blitzed watermelon lollies, literally just water melon frozen, I use the ikea lolly moulds, and buy a portion of watermelon, although a whole one would be cheaper, my freezer isn't that big!
    I'm yet to try other fruits, but thinking about tinned pineapple, or raspberries? And I guess you could add some stevia to sweeten if needed?
    Taking notes too!
    E
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    frozen curly whurly, break it up and suck it last alot long and craving settled before you can eat it all therefore can save some for next time.

i have made some chocolate brownies today and portioned then up using the recipe calculator to approx 100 calories each portion very chocolaty and definatly hits the spot.

i also like a portion of fresh fruit with fat free vanilla yogurt and a crumbled in meringue nest a decent size desert when everyone else is having icecream, ive found pinapple with a bit of cinammon is lovely too.

One thing i can not have in my frezer are nobbly bobbly, i can polish the box off without thinking i have no restraint for nobblies
  • amycakes90
    amycakes90 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Metcalfes salt and sweet skinny popcorn. Low in cals, fat AND sugar (so many thing labelled as low cal and low fat have sooo much sugar in :(
  • cw106
    Options
    sugar free packets of jelly from aldi/ asdi.
    only 40 cals a pint of made up wobbliness.
  • _kingbooble
    _kingbooble Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    +1 for the Kallo Choco ceiling tiles :smile:
  • MinaMercer17
    Options
    I tend to eat pears when i need a sugar boost, they are only 47 calories( Amazing) ! Go on grab yourself a bag from Tesco.
  • archiebrowns
    Options
    You could try some dried fruit - Goji Berries are delicious and they’re loaded with antioxidants and phytonutrients, low in calories as well as being high in water content and fibre which can help you to feel fuller for longer. :)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Half a medium tin of peaches (in juice). They're sweet and I like the texture. Plus it feels more like real food if it requires a bowl and spoon to eat it.
  • acebanditcat
    acebanditcat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pink and White are lowfat and yummy
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Maybe not best for the winter, but have a mini milk if need something sweet
  • stevew_68
    stevew_68 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate at night. Something sweet. What I did last night, was just core 2 apples. I use a thing that cores and cuts into segments at the same time. Had that, and a banana, and for the mischievous side of me ( not healthy ) was 3 bread sticks from the local supermarket. I checked first for the nutrition, and I was fine. I went a tiny bit over on sugar for the day but that was it. For a change, I loved it. Sat in bed watching TV munching away.