Monday, November 24, 2014

Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
9754_891664317532555_2596672754641872135_n.jpg?oh=d9b864ddac938b1c8f463090915f2b25&oe=54E15E98&__gda__=1427791998_b5e5ff5cf288b7ba45fcaaa92344e225

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Val, I hope that today is going as well as possible for you!

Sherry, I hope that your son is feeling better today, physically and mentally. It really can be hard to be a kid.

Hi all. I spent the weekend in the wilds of Virginia where cellphone towers are spotty and wifi virtually non-existent. When I did get on I had to spend it on immediate things. So I didn't track. I did get running in both days though, with Colin rather than Fells. The funny thing is that I don't run with Colin much because he has to stop all the time to mark the trees and bushes, so I ran off lead with him this weekend, and he actually ran at heel with me most of the time. He still wants to stop enough that I won't start running with him at home though. Off lead works really well for him, but there are few places near where I live that it's possible or safe. He'll be 11 yo in two weeks, but you'd never know it by how he acts. Saturday I really did well keeping to my calories, Sunday not so well, but not way off either. I just need to buckle down and be consistent every day!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Donna, my son is much better now. There are life lessons everywhere for a (nearly) 10 year old. Sounds like you had a nice change of pace for your run this weekend. Great that you got it in!

Today: a.m. Abs, p.m. Walked to/from gym for chest, back, bi, tri workout. Ran for the bus today and felt the familiar calf pain, so still no chance of running and I'm thinking my shoes might be part of the problem still. :(

Have a good one!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    One of my old high school friends (who I've since lost touch with) never wanted her kids to be exposed to anything negative. She tried to keep them in a bubble as much as possible. I don't have kids so maybe it's easy for me to speak, but I always thought I would rather have my kids exposed to stuff while they're still living with me so I can help them through it and teach them how to cope with bad stuff that comes along. Bad stuff is always going to come along. What is going to happen to her children when they're adults and they're in college or have their first jobs where they have to interact with other people for the first time? They're going to be completely unprepared for the real world. There truly are life lessons everywhere, and now your son is better prepared to deal with this the next time someone is a jerk to him because you and your husband were there to guide him through this. That doesn't make it easy to deal with bullies, but at least the groundwork has been laid.

Shoes are so crucial. I can feel it in my shins & knees as soon as my running shoes start to break down.

Glad you were able to get your runs in while traveling Donna!

I had a great gym workout last night. It was tougher than I expected it to be. There are overhead fans in the room where the bikes are and 15 minutes into the workout I was really wishing they were on, but I didn't want to stop my workout to turn them on and nobody came in the room that I could hit up to turn them on for me. Bike portion took about 55 minutes and then I did some core & low back.

Jason tonight, then not again until Friday because of the holiday.

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    My surgery went well! I'm not in too much pain, and taking lots of naps! I won't get solid foods until the morning so right now it's juice and broth! Hope you all have a great week! I'll check in tomorrow when I'm not so out of it.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Val glad your surgery went well !!!! Take care of yourself and rest!!!