Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi976.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fae243%2Fbeflossy%2Fyx.jpg&f=1

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Woke up tired and sore today, so skipped abs/etc. didn't even feel like isometrics this a.m. Might need to commit to abs n glutes every OTHER day, lol. My rearend is so sore! For the record, isometric glute bridge works just fine, as long as you really really extend, like up on your toes and all!! Haha. DH called to say he has an afternoon meeting, so I'll have the kids, so no gym. I think I can still get my two more gym workouts done by Sunday, even with all his work. Today was supposed to be shoulders and hips (glutes secondary), so it might be just as well!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your rest day, Sherry. Hope that you can get to the gym sometime by Sunday.

Hope everyone else, is doing well, and will have a nice holiday weekend.

Don't know what I'm going to do today as far as exercise. Yesterday I ran in the Turkey Trot at work. It was about a mile loop. I was the slowest of the runners. There was just three of us and one leader. The one guy ran the whole thing really fast and by himself and the leader slowed down enough for the other woman, and also for me to keep both of them in my sights. The other leader of the two walked with most of the participants. Then in the evening I ran to and from my workout and did the half hour workout. This started my new month of exercises at the trainer workout and it appears that this month we're doing fewer reps and higher weights/harder exercises.

Now it's snowing. I'm right on the bottom edge of the big northeast "Thanksgiving travel" blizzard. It shouldn't be very bad here, but it will be slippery tonight. I'm seriously thinking of getting out the yoga DVD and getting back to doing that.

Tomorrow I plan to do a 5k Turkey Trot to benefit the local YMCA, if it's not cancelled. I'll probably take a long walk with the dogs if it is cancelled. Friday morning, my fitness studio is offering a "Burn the Bird" workout and I plan to attend that.

Saturday and Sunday I'm heading up north to help my Mom get ready to move into a retirement community. I'm supposed to bring boxes and tables, so there might be a garage sale, too. I'll see if Fells and I can get a run or two in.

Monday is a nosework test with Fells.

Then I head home and hopefully back to normal.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have missed a few days, busy with work and shopping for holiday. I am baking pie today and then going to nia dance class.

Boss asked me if i wanted to work tomorrow and said i don't have to any hours i wanted all day or part of it, she was going to close her store. Offered me double pay. So I thought about it since its just mike and I and he is pet sitting and gone 3 times a day doing that, so i said I would from just 10-2pm so I could still eat early, i will put turkey in before i go and have hubby check on it.

I normally think making employees work that day is bad, but only if its forced, I had a total choice to do it or not and pick my hours. Most people that work have no choice and they miss family dinners.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Sherry I hope you're able to get in your gym visits!

Donna it sounds like you've got a busy weekend planned. Hope you don't end up with too much snow.

Marla it's nice your boss gave you the choice of whether to work and how many hours if you wanted to. And the double pay will be nice!

Our company is closed Thursday and Friday so I have a long weekend coming up. My old job we were always open the day after Thanksgiving so I still appreciate having this as a paid holiday. My family will all go to my sister's tomorrow for lunch. We always eat around noon. Wednesday is typically my rest day and Jason originally told me to work out today so I could take tomorrow off, but it's my own tradition to go to the gym on Thanksgiving afternoon (I have the place to myself!) so I told him I was okay working out on Thursday. He then turned that into 2 workouts - a 30 minute bike workout in the morning, then a mix of other cardio (rowing machine, Jacobs Ladder, elliptical) in the afternoon. So rest day today. I came into work an hour early to work on a project with my boss, which means I get to leave an hour early. I'm exhausted & am ready to go. Super productive day though!