Done Bulking?

Options
Fujiberry
Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
I posted this in the 'Success' Forum, but I think it's relevant here.

Pre-Bulk
w1kg2kxheny8.jpg

Post-Bulk
fkx1g2oet5wf.jpg
xdy22w.jpg

I would like to continue bulking for another year, but over the course of several months, I've become incredibly inspired to try powerlifting. I joined an all-women Facebook group for powerlifters and I'm so happy to see how positive they are and that there's really no 'broscience' to be found. I also took up a board position at my university's Bodybuilding and Powerlifting Organization. I decided that for now, I'm putting my goal of competing as a bodybuilder on the back burner and I'll be focusing on increasing my strength as a powerlifter. I plan on competing in a local meet in mid-Feb.

Training for bodybuilding has made me reevaluate my disordered eating habits and has given me a healthy relationship with food as well as a confidence in my body that I never had before. With this new goal in mind, I hope to develop an even better mindset-- humble (someone will ALWAYS be stronger than me), but confident in the things my body can perform.

Onto my new journey! :) Hopefully you all don't mind me sticking my nose in this group even though I'm technically not bulking anymore. : P

Current Stats :
5'2"
115 lbs.
Squat 205x1, Bench 105x1, Deadlift 200x1

Goals before my first meet :
225-240 Squat
115-120 Bench
220-230 Deadlift
37.jpg 118.4K

Replies

• nerr7
    nerr7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this is awesome and so inspirational! congratulations on how much progress you made between those two shots- you look so strong! I've recently started to bulk- so seeing positive outcomes like yours definitely inspires me
    - how long between those photos?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic results!! That is great you will be powerlifting, wishing you all the best, you are definitely an inspiration for sure :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Fabulous bulk results! I'm sure I've admired your quads before but they're definitely worth mentioning again :)

I'm sure you'll do great at powerlifting, but good luck with it anyway!
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    nerr7 wrote: »
    this is awesome and so inspirational! congratulations on how much progress you made between those two shots- you look so strong! I've recently started to bulk- so seeing positive outcomes like yours definitely inspires me
    - how long between those photos?
    Thank you so much!

A little over a year. :) A decided to lose a bit of weight first after the first picture, so I didn't start bulking until around Oct. 2013.
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    Finals are kicking my butt. -sigh-
    Going to take a little mental break and do some 5x5 volume later on today. I'll be deloading as well since I haven't been eating or sleeping much this week.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    wow! amazing! you look GREAT! what an inspiration, I have started bulking last Sept but I am planning to cut in a month and hope to see some results :smile:

good luck on your competition
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fantastic progress-- I would call that a wildly successful bulk.
  • Skyeziepyzie
    Options
    Amazing progress and results :))