Never felt so alone

Options
abcmommyx3
abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
Struggling with my depression today. I have never felt so alone before on a holiday as I did/do today. I feel so empty and I just want to stuff my fat face with all sorts of leftover deserts from dinner to fill the emptiness. Yes hubby's family came over they live in the same town as us... But I miss my family as they live on the other side of the state and always choose to go to my brothers. I miss my family painfully miss them. I just want to eat all of the feelings away.

Replies

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    It is never easy being away from family. My brother, sister-in-law, and nieces live 800 miles away. Eating away the feelings does nothing to truly alleviate them, just postpones it until it cannot be bottled anymore resulting in another round of emotional eating. You are better than that. Give yourself the room to feel the pain instead of running from it.
  • abcmommyx3
    Options
    I had a good cry in the shower I feel a bit better...
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    I am glad you felt at least a little bit better after your shower. I am hoping today finds you more joy and maybe even a bit of laughter to make the heart lighter.
  • abcmommyx3
    Options
    Today's much better kids are awake now... And I absorbed myself in online Christmas shopping last night
  • Etherlily1
    Options
    Glad to hear it. Great job on distracting yourself and getting something accomplished at the same time!