Initial weigh-in and goals (11/28)

Options
Please put your weigh-in, goals, and anything else you want to tell us (your struggles, something you found that has helped you, etc.). Looking forward to working with everyone again!

Replies

• beautifulone729
    beautifulone729 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Debbie. My weight today is 201.2. My long term goal is to lose 69 pounds by the end of 2015. My mini goal is to get into onederland. I haven't been under 200 pounds in 20+ years. I have lost 82 pounds so far. The one thing that has helped me most during my weight loss journey is challenges. I joined a couple challenges through work. They help me to stay on track and motivated. My biggest struggle is binge eating when I'm tired or overly hungry.
    I wasn't in your Thanksgiving Challenge. I hope it's okay to join you now. I look forward to meeting you. :)
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Debbie! :)

My name is Cheryl, I started getting healthier back in June. I weighed 313 lbs. Now I'm down to 241 lbs, (that's almost 72 lbs lost). My goal is to make it to 153 lbs in 2015!

For this goal I want to get down another 10 lbs by New year!!!

SW 313.2
    CW 241.6
    GW 231

Best of luck everyone!
  • VirtualMaddy
    VirtualMaddy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate. I'm 5'5" and would like to get to 125, my current weight is 135. I just finished a Thanksgiving challenge in another group and lost 4 pounds in 8 weeks, so it is slow-going. If I could get to 130 by the new year, I'd be thrilled. If I do, I plan to throw out all my old clothes and start fresh! I rented a great dress for my work Christmas party the 6th, that will keep me motivated to not gain the short run. After that is where the problem may come and where this challenge will help me. Let's do this!

CW 135
    GW 130
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Please put your weigh-in, goals, and anything else you want to tell us (your struggles, something you found that has helped you, etc.). Looking forward to working with everyone again!

Looking forward to this!
  • beautifulone729
    beautifulone729 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SW 282.8
    CW 201.2
    GW 191 (for this challenge)
  • RobininTx
    RobininTx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was in the Thanksgiving challenge and didn't do very well but I am starting Whole 30 Dec 1 so I hope to lose at least 8lbs by New Years. I know we aren't supposed to weigh for 30 days on whole 30 but I am a scale-a-holic so going down to 1x a week for this challenge will give me a chance to see my progress. Due to my work schedule this month, I only plan on working out 3-4x a week.

CW: 178
    GW: 170

Good luck everyone.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I would be happy if I could lose 4lb by New Years.

Current Weight: 145.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 141.6
    Goal weight: 135
    Ultimate goal weight: 127
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    A little bit about me: I have a form of schizophrenia combined with bipolar resulting in a merry-go-round of medications over the years, most with the side effect of weight gain. One medication, lithium, destroyed my thyroid, and I just learned that from the short period I was back on it again at the start of this year that the years worth of recovery from the drug hurt it again. The struggle between side effects on my physical health to maintain my mental health is complicated for me. I tend to also try to make plans, set schedules, to only end up with a not-so-complete thing, that I may just ignore anyways. I struggle with keeping control of my intake to where I'm either over controlling or not at all. I am teaching myself to eat without watching TV at the same time to re-train my brain that TV time does not equal food time. Other things - I'm 37 (close enough, about three weeks from it), 282.2 pounds with a starting weight of 357. I have an adorable cat that doubles as my service animal (he helps me to determine reality from fiction at times, which is how I discovered I needed to put in a work order for the fridge thinking the sound was all in my head. :lol: ) I am currently listed as disabled due to my round robin with the inpatient stays (about 2 weeks at a time) and other issues (some physical as well - torn disc in lower spine, ligament damage to left knee and right foot). Okay, that's enough rambling from me for now.

Stats:
    SW: 357
    CW: 282.2
    New Year's Goal Weight: 272.2
    UGW: 157
  • oromerogonzaga
    Options
    Hi I'm Ondraya. My goal is to lose about 5 pounds by New Years (so about a 1lb a week). Overall for 2015 I hope to shed 30 lbs by June 2015 :) So I want to be at a weight of 125. My goal weight is 100-115, which would be healthy for my height.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

SW: 193.8
    GW : 183.8

Final goal 160
  • ddahlia14
    ddahlia14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I really hope to just continue my downward trend. I just finished losing all the baby weight from baby #3, and now I am working on the last 20 pounds that have hung on since baby #1. I don't remember my exact weight yesterday, but here are my stats:
    CW: 190
    GW (by end of December): 184

Final Goal: 164

Callie
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Stats:
    SW: 261.6lbs
    CW: 222.8lbs
    New Year's Goal Weight: 216lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 155lbs

Been using MFP since April, started my health journey in March when I weighed 269lbs.
    Been off task for a few weeks and weight has gone up and down allowing too many other things to distract me from my goal. I ride my bike daily but need to start doing more strength training.
  • energi
    energi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been struggling with emotional eating and the winter blahs, and I'm glad to join this group so I can snap out of it.

CW: 160 lbs
    New Years Goal Weight: 155
    Final Goal Weight: 140 lbs
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    It looks like we have a Terrific little group here. I'm looking forward to this months challenge with you all. GOOD LUCK everyone!!!
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SW 266.6
    New Year's Day Goal Weight: 255
    Final goal weight 140
  • mrscaraballo
    mrscaraballo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 173.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 168
    Goal weight: 150
    Ultimate goal weight: 140
  • HokeyPokey2
    HokeyPokey2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! Look at this awesome group of people! So glad to see a lot of familiar faces!

warrior- 82 pounds is quite the accomplishment! You are soooo close to onederland! Congratulations! And great goals! Welcome to the group. The more the merrier. :smile:

cherirana, raindancer, & zeal- Welcome back! You did so great during our Thanksgiving challenge. Can't wait to see what your progress is this challenge!

virtual- Have fun at your Christmas party!

robinin- There's never a better time than now to try again!

etherlily- Welcome to the group! I, too, struggle with mindless eating. I snack when I'm bored at work mainly. It's hard not to. Definitely a challenge.

oro- Welcome! You have great goals. Your ultimate goal weight is similar to mine. :smile:

ddahlia- Keep working toward that goal and it WILL happen.

ono- Strength training is a great way to lose extra pounds... it's great for your bones, too! Don't get discouraged from water weight gain especially in the beginning. Be sure to read up about it so you won't give up!

energi- Emotional eating is another struggle that I share with you. Chips and chocolate are my downfalls. Good luck. Glad to have you.

gus & mrscara-Welcome!!!

SW: 165.6 lbs
    11/29: 152.8 lbs
    12/5:
    GW by New Years: 140 lbs
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Michelle, currently 265lbs, looking to get to 154lbs so over 100lbs to lose! Then I'll re assess.

I love running, but been unable to for a year ish now due to injuries, still rehabbing a knee injury, so more cycling and swimming for me for now.

I love strength training, and going to get back into the upper body for now, until I can get stuck right in again.