How are you feeling about your weight loss journey?

Options
Iamslimandfit
Iamslimandfit Posts: 212 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
I am feeling excited and motivated once again for my weight loss journey! That is HUGE for me, because I have realized that I just can't force motivation. It has to be genuine...... from the heart, at least for me. I look forward to fitting into smaller clothes, being healthier and more attractive, and being a good role model for my handicapped daughter, for whom weight is and always will be an issue. :heart:

Replies

• aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Doing an end of year assessment has made me disappointed and fired up at the same time. Lost 33 lbs in 2012. Started the year with a goal of 50 lbs. Best I've ever done before is 24 lbs in a year (long time ago). I felt great about 33 lbs until I read a lot of people's posts about losing that much in 3-6 months. Now I want to get the last 40 lbs off in 9 months (same rate as 50 lbs in 1 year). I need to get myself to exercise more. At the same time I know the last part of the weight loss is harder/slower than the 1st part. I'm not good with not meeting my own expectations- makes me depressed.

I guess the bottom line answer to the question is conflicted.
  • aubsgg
    Options
    I am feeling excited and motivated once again for my weight loss journey! That is HUGE for me, because I have realized that I just can't force motivation. It has to be genuine...... from the heart, at least for me. I look forward to fitting into smaller clothes, being healthier and more attractive, and being a good role model for my handicapped daughter, for whom weight is and always will be an issue. :heart:

Congratulations!! Really the hardest part is that little switch in the brain when you really want to lose weight.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Awww, aubsgg, you are doing so well!!!!! I think 33 pounds in a year is terrific, especially if they are true pounds lost forever!!! Please don't beat yourself up about not meeting your goal or compare your journey to anyone else's. I am a firm believer in focusing on the positive and working to eliminate the negative. "They" say that what you focus on, you get more of. So try to focus on how well you are doing and that the scale is going down. You are losing a significant amount of weight, and I am confident that those last 40 pounds are beginning to budge at this very moment! Be kind and patient with yourself! Beating yourself up does not serve any purpose but to bring you down. What would you say to a best friend who had lost 33 pounds this past year?!? You deserve the same praise and encouragement!!! :flowerforyou: I am cheering you on....... all the way to your goal!!! :smile:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I just finished a workout, so I am feeling GREAT about my weight loss journey!!! I am doing it..... one day at a time! The scale will eventually follow!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I have been a little "loose" on my planning the past couple days, so feeling like I need to get my head back in the game and really FOCUS my efforts on eating smaller portions and healthy choices as often as possible. I also need to exercise consistently. It makes such a huge difference in my outlook, so why do I resist getting started?!? Once I start, I am on my way and do great!
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am feeling really positive about my weight loss journey. I'm down 10 lbs in just a few days past 5 weeks. I know I can't count on a 2 lb (or just under) loss every week, but I'm hoping to stay at least at 1.5 for a while.

I didn't even consider having a piece of the king cake someone brought in today. I was prepared for forgetting my lunch eventually--and eventually turned out to be today--I have an extra frozen meal in the freezer here at work--the planning is paying off.

My walking partner and I are committed to our walking--5 days a week, 2 walks of 15-17 minutes.

I feel as if I'm doing the right things and focusing on goals I can measure--walking a set number of minutes, eating a set number of calories, planning my meals, eating slowly and mindfully, including lots of fruits and fresh veggies. If I keep that up, I will keep losing weight--and those are all things I control.
  • aubsgg
    Options
    I am feeling, down, down down. It is so not me. I am feeling so frustrated. I'm working out of town. I used to be good at eating better while gone. This time my portions are too big. Haven't exerciesed even though there is a small gym at the hotel. ugh! Go home tomorrow tomorrow night. Will exercise at least the next 2 days while home. Then going camping, will have to figure something out. Camping is usually a time of eating scrumptious appetizer foods. Have to come up with a new plan.

No loss so far this year. Had such high hopes for a better year this year than last.

Feel like crying and so not me.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I am feeling, down, down down. It is so not me. I am feeling so frustrated. I'm working out of town. I used to be good at eating better while gone. This time my portions are too big. Haven't exerciesed even though there is a small gym at the hotel. ugh! Go home tomorrow tomorrow night. Will exercise at least the next 2 days while home. Then going camping, will have to figure something out. Camping is usually a time of eating scrumptious appetizer foods. Have to come up with a new plan.

No loss so far this year. Had such high hopes for a better year this year than last.

Feel like crying and so not me.

aubsgg: I could have written this post. I am in the same LOUSY place! Trying hard to get out and back on board with weight loss, but it feels like the harder I try, the worse I do. I am obviously doing something WRONG!!! :frown: I guess my point is that you are NOT alone!!! I know that doesn't really help, but let's work together to get out of our funks!!! :wink: Come on, we can do this!!!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I have worked really hard to get back on board with my weight loss journey, and I finally feel as though I am SLOWLY making some progress. I am tracking my calories again and really focusing on making good choices when it comes to food. Now I need to get myself MOVING with some more exercise and hopefully I will start to see results soon. I need some positive feedback from my scale. Until then, I am focusing on Non-Scale Victories (NSVs), such as leaving food on my plate at the end of a meal and refraining from giving in to my cravings. I can do this!!!
  • aubsgg
    Options
    I have worked really hard to get back on board with my weight loss journey, and I finally feel as though I am SLOWLY making some progress. I am tracking my calories again and really focusing on making good choices when it comes to food. Now I need to get myself MOVING with some more exercise and hopefully I will start to see results soon. I need some positive feedback from my scale. Until then, I am focusing on Non-Scale Victories (NSVs), such as leaving food on my plate at the end of a meal and refraining from giving in to my cravings. I can do this!!!

You and me both, let's figure a way to help each other stay focused. Planning today to start over with more focus- logging.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Sounds good! I will check in for you each day. We can make this fun and still hold each other accountable. I think we are the only two left in the group, but oh well! At least we have each other! :laugh:
  • aubsgg
    Options
    Yesterday took an hour and twenty minute walk burning 600 calories!!, today hour bike ride for 500 calories. Getting a little better. Looks like I will be in town until the middle of May when I'll have to figure how to get in exercise, eat right at a hotel, in a different time zone
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Way to go on the workouts, Marilyn!!! Sounds like you are back in business!!! So do you travel all the time for your job?
  • aubsgg
    Options
    I do travel a lot. I always intend to use the hotel gym, but then I don't. I have a really hard time when I go to Eastern time. I'm just too tired at both ends of the day. Sometimes I bring an exercise dvd and do ok in my room.

Really gonna try to keep the exercise up before I leave so it will be easier to keep going when I go.

The scale moved an itty bit this morning. I've lost weight 2 times before. I get stuck between 173- 176. I'm at 174.8 this morning. I feel like if I can get past 173 it will get easier.

How are you doing? I see your ticker moved from 1 lb to 3 lbs. Good for you!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I am doing better overall, but still have bouts with mindless snacking which is killing my efforts. Still at my all time high weight. But I am working hard on BELIEVING I can do this, so that I can get my actions to follow. I am also aiming to be more active in general and get spontaneous movement (e.g., walking the dogs) into my day, in addition to planned exercise. It is so hard to get everything (i.e., food, exercise, attitude) to come together at once!!! BUT: I can do it, and so can YOU!!! :wink:
  • aubsgg
    Options
    I see some recurring themes in your posts; mindless eating, and trying to get exercise, attitude and food together at once.

A suggestion;
    What is your highest priority to get a handle on?
    Take that item and find as many ideas/actions that help you, list what makes you fall off that action.
    Now make it as easy as possible to stay in the positive realm. and as hard as possible to fall off.
    For example, lets go with mindless snacking. If there are certain foods that knock you off your resolve, don't have them in the house (or if it is something like Starbucks don't go to Starbucks - yes you can occasionally- you set what is a reasonable frequency). If you come up with an excuse (disguised as a reason) really analyze the rationalization. A common one is I have to have it in the house for my kids-drives me crazy. If it isn't healthy for you, it isn't helping them. Giving it to them now is setting them up to be where you are today in their future.

Maybe focusing on 1 behavior change for a small amount of time will make it easier. Not saying don't do the other things at all, but really concentrate (as in 100% compliance) on 1 thing. Could be tracking what you eat for the day at the start will also keep you from snacking. Then add another change. I know when I try to make too many changes at a time I get overwhelmed, or frustrated, or lose track of what I'm trying to do. Then kind of give it all up.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    aubsgg: GREAT advice!!! I will explore your ideas and work hard to make changes. Thank you for caring and for your input (and for still being here)!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    I am feeling HOPEFUL once again about my weight loss journey. I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and insulin resistance. Due to both conditions, I have been incredibly weight loss RESISTANT for a long time. I found a wonderful endocrinologist who is going to be very helpful to me on my weight loss journey. I also began medications to address the hypothyroidism and insulin resistance. She assured me that we will break through my weight loss barriers and get me much healthier. Because of her and the new medications, I have real HOPE for the first time in awhile!!! I turn 48 on Thursday, December 4th, and I am determined to be much thinner and healthier next year at this time!!! That is the GIFT I am giving to myself this year! <3