Fitbit Aria Wifi Scale

Options
Does anyone have this scale? I am thinking about getting it and I was hoping for some feedback before I drop $130 on it.

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Amazon has the white one for $105 and the black one for $110 right now :).

Just wanted to mention that. I got one on Black Friday from Amazon for $88 (plus I spent credit card rewards points on it so I really paid $0, lol). I've only been using it for about 2 days so I doubt I have any truly useful feedback, but I do like it. It was a little frustrating setting it up (it connected perfectly on the first try to my Wi-Fi, but the set-up program on my computer wasn't recognizing that - once I figured it out, it was fine, though), but other than that it's pretty cool - I just step on it in the morning and it automatically updates my account. Seems pretty accurate, too - I mean, what scale is accurate, but I've checked it against my old scale and it's consistently 0.3-0.5lbs over my old scale, so that's pretty good. No idea if the body fat measurement is any good, but it's also been consistent in the 3 days I've used it. Probably will at least do well for trends.

I don't know. It's cool that it syncs, but outside of that it's no better than a regular scale. If I hadn't gotten a deal on it, I'm not certain I would have dropped the money on it - you can get basically the same functionality out of a $40 scale and 2 minutes to update your weight yourself. (That's a pretty f***ing good milkshake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars but it's pretty f***ing good.)
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to find a Black Friday deal but I couldn't get my Amazon account to play nice. I got an email about the Gold Box deal of the Day for the Aria. I'm scouring eBay for a deal on a used one and I hope I get lucky. I had a regular electronic body fat scale, two actually, that died after about a year. I think they died of loneliness because I wasn't using them very often.
  • 3wdl
    3wdl Posts: 45
    Options
    Got mine yesterday. Like the poster above - it seems decent, it works well - but I do wonder if I really needed it! ha
  • stellalunag
    stellalunag Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had one for about a year and a half, and I like it. If you like geeking out on data tracking, you'll enjoy it.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    I love mine but like all the others above, i question whether i really needed it or not. I could have easily just used my regular digital scale and logged my weight in fitness pal when i weigh myself once every few days, but we are in the future. We don't need that crap. My pen (stylus) needs to be charged, my book (iPad) needs to be charged and even my tv has apps and connects to the internet. So it only makes sense these days to have a scale that connects to the internet.

What are the reasons you want to get the aria? That would help narrow down how useful it might be for you. For me it was a "because i have the money and i like fitbit stuff" kinda thing
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had a body fat scale that I bought last year and barely used it. When I went to use it the other day it was giving me an error and I can't get it to reset. This is my second scale from Health O Meter that has died on me like that so I'm done with the cheap $40 scales. I've read good reviews on the Aria.

I ended up finding a used one on eBay for less than $65 with shipping. I'm pretty happy with the deal and I hope it gets here soon. I want the Aria because I have the Flex and I wanted something that works with my fitbit app. Plus I like the fact that it updates automatically.