What's for dinner?

2»

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    I'm definitely going to try the tikka masala, it's my favorite Indian food! I'll have to stick with the cauliflower rice though.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Leftover spinach and garlic chicken sausages, leftover baked sweet potato, and leftover acorn squash. I would have added leftover mixed green salad to the meal but the greens were going bad. My family had chili, which I can't eat because of the tomatoes and chili seasoning, so I ended up scavenging my meal from what was left from the past couple of days. Good way to clean out the fridge, too.
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    A go to meal in my house that everyone loves, even my kids. Chicken thighs tossed in the crockpot with Franks Red Hot and butter. Once done shred it over a salad of whatever greens and vegetables you have. Sometimes I make ranch dressing, sometimes blue cheese, and sometimes an easy oil and vinegar.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    left overs tonight of what I made last night. Shirataki fettucinni noodles, with chicken sundried tomato and basil meatballs, radish, summer squash, onion in a tomato basil sauce. And a good dose of parmesian cheese to top it. (totally delicious and I'm so glad I don't have to think about cooking tonight)
  • GrokRockStar
    Rosey, I pretty much made the same thing last night, except I used italian sausage!
    The pic doesn't really do it justice, but it was very tasty. My sauce was Primal friendly.
    dinner1.jpg
  • GrokRockStar
    Lujo, I love Franks sauce, I might do something with wings in the crockpot, thanks for the idea!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Ohhhh that looks sooooo good!!
  • GrokRockStar
    Anyone have a good soup recipe? I've made the Thai soup a couple of times, but tired of using coconut milk and looking for a different flavor...
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 191 Member
    It's not soup but I've been making Chocolate Chili a lot these days. http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

Also I've done sort of a tortilla-ish soup thing before. Bone broth, chicken, greens, salsa, hot sauce, chili powder, peppers, and onions, salt, pepper, and avocado.

Also butternut squash or pumpkin + broth + curry powder + veggies is also good :)
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    http://cavemanfood.blogspot.com/2008/11/ham-hock-and-cabbage-soup.html

Can't remember if I posted this before but this is really good!
    I used butternut for the pumpkin.
    Actually, this might be my lunch next week.
  • GrokRockStar
    Thanks for the Ideas! I'll have to forego the squash/pumpkin (too many carbs), but like the idea of a nice meaty chili!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Anyone have a good soup recipe? I've made the Thai soup a couple of times, but tired of using coconut milk and looking for a different flavor...

My favorite soups are Cabbage Meatball and Paleo Buffalo Chicken. http://paleoaholic.com/paleo/paleo-buffalo-chicken-soup/
    http://naturalfertilityandwellness.com/cabbage-and-meatball-soup/
  • cindytw
    RoseyDgirl wrote: »
    left overs tonight of what I made last night. Shirataki fettucinni noodles, with chicken sundried tomato and basil meatballs, radish, summer squash, onion in a tomato basil sauce. And a good dose of parmesian cheese to top it. (totally delicious and I'm so glad I don't have to think about cooking tonight)

What type and brand of Shiritaki noodles do you use? The kind I tried I couldn't deal with the texture and they were kind of smelly.
  • GrokRockStar
    I buy the miracle noodle brand. Soy free, gluten free, calorie free, vegan, and has less than 1g carb per serving. Ingredients are purified water, konnyaku flour, and calcium hydroxide.
    It smells fishy when you open it, but rinse and dry fry and the texture is pretty good.
  • homesweeths
    I can't vouch for dinner -- it's going to be some sort of take on leftover chicken -- but for lunch (or maybe brunch, as we didn't have breakfast) I sauteed sweet potato cubes, halved Brussels sprouts, and chopped onion in coconut oil, sprinkled granulated garlic and Himalayan sea salt over it all, and then added half a dozen beaten eggs, and then sort of gently moved it about to make sure all the eggs cooked. Delicious!
  • GrokRockStar
    Wow homesweeths that sounds interesting!
  • homesweeths
    Forgot to mention that was two servings, with three eggs per person.
  • cindytw
    I buy the miracle noodle brand. Soy free, gluten free, calorie free, vegan, and has less than 1g carb per serving. Ingredients are purified water, konnyaku flour, and calcium hydroxide.
    It smells fishy when you open it, but rinse and dry fry and the texture is pretty good.

My store as everything BUT Miracle Noodle! LOL 5 different kinds!! I did get Kelp noodles that I think I remember being OK.