Dress/Casual Shoe Recommendations?

Options
larrewl
larrewl Posts: 122 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Please forgive me if this is TMI: I run in Asics GT-2000 2 and GEL-Super J33. According to Runner's World, they have 9.1mm and 5.3mm drop from heel to forefoot. I wear Bass Weejuns Penny Loafers to work and am looking for some dress work shoes to wear about 50 hours a week with less drop from heel to forefoot. These shoes should be good quality/value (between $50 and $150) and look good with a suit. I'd also like to buy a pair of somewhat durable casual (between dress and running) shoes that are semi-minimalist. Do you have any recommendations? Opinions are appreciated. :)

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I do most of my running in Hokas, and all of my casual shoes are Vans and Chucks. Sorry bro, can't help.
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do most of my running in Hokas, and all of my casual shoes are Vans and Chucks. Sorry bro, can't help.

I still have an unused pair of Asics GT-2000 2 and it's probably going to be my last pair of "high-heeled" running shoes. I like what I've read about Hokas. I might buy a pair in 2015. Vans are too casual and I'm not familiar with Chucks. I'm thinking maybe a foot-friendly dress Rockport, Clarks, or other "new to me" for my next shoe to wear at the office. I appreciate the reply.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    larrewl wrote: »

I still have an unused pair of Asics GT-2000 2 and it's probably going to be my last pair of "high-heeled" running shoes. I like what I've read about Hokas. I might buy a pair in 2015. Vans are too casual and I'm not familiar with Chucks. I'm thinking maybe a foot-friendly dress Rockport, Clarks, or other "new to me" for my next shoe to wear at the office. I appreciate the reply.

If you think Vans are too casual, you won't like Chucks.

I don't think any of us can really help you. I don't know what stores are available in your area and I think buying shoes online is dumb (unless you're replacing a shoe you've worn before - like my running shoes). I don't know what you'll find comfortable or not. I don't know the pressure points on your foot.

Just go to DSW, Famout Footwear, whatever and try on some shoes.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I agree with trying them on, but also you might consider Camper, the Spanish brand - lots of flat soles and they're quirky enough to be casual but formal enough for work.