Looking at Fitbits - does it matter if I get the one for the wrist or the clip on??

Options
Just wondering what most of you use and which one seems to be best to use??

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You'll get a wider audience for potential responses on the Fitbit group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Since best to use is personal opinion based on what it is used for, you might share what activity you do and if any of the different features sound interesting already, especially those that are not on all devices, like sleep or stairs.
  • ladybug77707
    Options
    Had no idea there was a group for that! I am SUCH a newbie, lol. Thank you for not chastising me, Heybales :)))
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just got the wrist one and I love it I forget I'm even wearing it but I guess it be personal preference. I'd lose or wash the pocket one
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I use the Zip, because I don't care or do any of the step or stair goals anyway. I also didn't want wrist strap.
    I have my own workouts that will be done, and they don't necessary give many steps.
    I replace all the calorie burns of workouts with more accurate info, so it's main purpose is estimating the calorie burn from the non-exercise part of the day.

I also adjusted that so it more accurately reflects my actual metabolism based on BF%, not age, weight, height, which would be too small a burn.
  • ladybug77707
    Options
    Thanks, Heybales...........I did a lot of reading last night. Am still undecided. But a bit more educated! I have learned so much from you guys!

I am still waiting to hear back about my BodPod inquiry. Looks like this one place is IT in terms of being in my area, so I really hope they get back with me. I really, REALLY want to get my BF tested, as I think it will provide a lot of answers for me. I may need to do like you and adjust my FItbit for actual metabolism as well. Of course I have what the MEDGEM told me, but I still really need to get my BF figures to help me determine my course of action in regards to 'eat more' or 'eat less' (which I pretty much already know is going to be EAT MORE :)) , but still need to know BF.

Thank you for all of your excellent advice and comments!