Automatic Syncing Problems

A couple of weeks ago my Fitbit stop automatically syncing to MFP unless I disconnected Fitbit and reconnected several times. It almost never automatically syncing anymore like it should. Any help or suggestions?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting on the Fitbit side? I was having the same issue and Fitbit instructed me to disconnect on both sites and then reconnect. It worked after that.

From Fitbit.com go to Settings>Applications and then click "revoke access." Then come back to MFP and connect again.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    I'm having trouble, too -- as of the past few hours (and this after having my Fitbit connected for the past 18 months or so). I think there was a Fitbit app update yesterday (because some of the stuff on my dashboard changed). I'm blaming my problems on that. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting (it's worked for me on other occasions), but it doesn't seem to be working this time.
  • Genesyn
    Genesyn Posts: 3 Member
    My Aria scale hasn't posted anything to MFP since the second, and it won't update healthvault at all. Thinking of trashing the damn scale and buying someone elses, I've had SOOOOO many problems with fitbit syncing to other apps. My zip always had these problems too.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    edited December 2014
    Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting on the Fitbit side? I was having the same issue and Fitbit instructed me to disconnect on both sites and then reconnect. It worked after that.

From Fitbit.com go to Settings>Applications and then click "revoke access." Then come back to MFP and connect again.

That doesn't seem to be working tonight, unfortunately -- I've tried it twice. After over three years with a Fitbit, however, I've learned to be patient. :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

That doesn't seem to be working tonight, unfortunately -- I've tried it twice. After over three years with a Fitbit, however, I've learned to be patient. :smile:

Hmm I went and checked and I'm having the same issue. Maybe it's a glitch. Like you said, they usually work that stuff out eventually.
  • Cvcinferno
    Cvcinferno Posts: 3 Member
    I've tried several times with no success.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Grrrrr... At least I know I'm not alone. I've tried disconnecting numerous times on both sides with no luck.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Me too! I don't want to disconnect, though... I've learned you can't go back and resync data from before that date.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I had an issue the other night, my positive adjustment in MFP disappeared, from food log and exercise diary.

Fitbit side still had the high calorie burn from a workout, the math between their daily burn and MFP daily maintenance was still the adjustment amount, but it was gone.

This was after midnight, I had a tad bit more to eat.

The prior day still showed it's adjustment, the new day after midnight showed it's negative adjustment - so syncing in general was fine.

I added a workout in MPF (not my normal method), to the day with the issue.
    It synced across to Fitbit, increased the daily burn, and it did NOT come back to MFP for the math.
    So deleted that workout.

Then created a manual workout on Fitbit's site for that day, daily burn increased.
    Checked MFP, now the adjustment came across.
    Deleted the bogus entry, and the expected adjustment was still there.

This tells me that Fitbit doesn't actually sync across what it thinks is the same information. Which makes sense to cut down on traffic.
    If you synced 4 hrs ago, and there are no updates (it was after midnight), then why sync the info again.

There was a bug though probably on MFP side where it lost the info.
    And Fitbit wasn't going to sync what it already thought it did. It didn't know MFP lost the info.

So all I can suggest, is when you see flakiness like this, think about where the changes are taking place, or when the last one was.
    If it makes sense that one side doesn't think there are any changes, then it won't send an update with same info - assuming that prior info was already received, probably confirmed received actually.

So change something on the Fitbit side, manually log a workout, let it see there was a change. Wait for it to show up on MFP. Then delete the bogus workout.

Of course the extra meal logging IS seeing a change, and sending out the update, with a tag of a new meal in general, then Fitbit doesn't see the need to update what it has - but add to what it has.
  • Cvcinferno
    Cvcinferno Posts: 3 Member
    It's finally fixed
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Not for me. Boo.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Yup, fixed soon after my post tonight.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Still not fixed for me, either. Trying to be patient.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    nope, unreliable as ever
  • Noooooch
    Noooooch Posts: 1 Member
    Mine isn't syncing either! It did until yesterday afternoon- ugh!
  • I'm having the same issuing ang it's not fixing
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Mine fixed itself half an hour after I reported it to Fitbit. :indifferent:
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    I've been having this problem for 2 days. I emailed FitBit yesterday and got an email back telling me how to sync my Fitbit with MFP!! I've been using it for 3 years & syncing with MFP all that time, I think I know how to use it! Its just not working at the moment
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    I wonder if it's because of the limited surge release. Updating everything over live to support the new device. I get my first fitbit in the mail tomorrow so I too hope it's fixed soon!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    KatyE213 wrote: »
    I've been having this problem for 2 days. I emailed FitBit yesterday and got an email back telling me how to sync my Fitbit with MFP!! I've been using it for 3 years & syncing with MFP all that time, I think I know how to use it! Its just not working at the moment

MFP tech support does that to me every damn time. Drives me crazy, especially if my message specified exactly what steps I've already taken and then they tell me to complete those exact steps. I guess they probably have a script they have to follow.