Slow & Steady wins the race

Options
mrsmunde
mrsmunde Posts: 24 Member
December 1st I'll be starting my workout routine (3 days of walking, 3 days of plyometrics). I'll also start logging my food more accurately and take my calorie goal number more seriously than I have been. My goal is to lose slowly 1-2 lbs a week (I usually lose quickly at the beginning, however). For the next 12 weeks I am going to really be focused and give it my all. I am hoping that the 12 weeks is not a deadline - I would like to develop a healthy lifestyle through this process. I will be blogging at lease 1x a week to keep me focused and motivated.

Does anyone else have holiday goals?

Goal: lose 20 lbs
145lbs -> 125 lbs

Replies

• xxmugatuxx
    Options
    I could be wrong, but most of my research shows that losing 1-2 lbs a week is actually very fast weight loss. But I'm with ya for keeping that as a goal. I'm trying to lose fat and inches, but hopefully lbs in the process as well. I'm 5'8, 21 years old, current weight: 128 lbs, goal weight: 115-120 lbs and want to be beach ready by april-ish. I'm currently on a low carb high fat diet, and it's been working marvelously. I do have a lot of health problems so I need to be carefully and take it easy when necessary (which is often). exercise is not easy or even possible some days.
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hate the slow method but its really the way to go. It's amazing after just calorie counting since October how much better I feel as I'm eating better foods. And I do look forward to exercise as then I'm in a better mood for work each day. I wish there was a speedy way to weight loss but we all put it on slow therefore we need to take it off slow to be healthy. I'm thinking by Summer I'll be where I want to be.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week for the next 3 weeks. I am pushing really hard to start the New Year feeling great and ready for finishing touches/toning.