End of year celebration time.

Options
At the end of every year, I find something to celebrate about my health. Does anyone else do this? If you do , please share what you're celebrating at the end of 2014.

Personally, it's been a great year. I've lost 18 lbs. this year for a total of 53 lbs. I'm 4 lbs. away from a healthy BMI now. I never thought I'd get here, three years ago. I figured I was done when I'd lost 30 lbs. I even bought some new clothes earlier this year and have shrunk out of them. I feel the like the incredible shrinking woman. LOL!

This year, I focused on moving more and taking in less calories. I started hiking again and even started leading hikes with a couple groups around here. While my A1C really didn't change (it went from a 5.8 to a 5.7), I feel SO much better. My blood pressure and cholesterol have come back to where they should be and was even able to get off my blood pressure meds.

I still have Diabetes (and probably always will). I'm still on medication (and probably always will be). I've accepted that. This year it was all about being healthier all around and I'm celebrating a big win in that arena! I don't know where I'll go from here...I'm just sitting with the celebration and enjoying that, for now. In January, I'll figure out what's next.

There's always something to celebrate. What are you celebrating at the end of 2014?

Create a great day!
Kristen

Replies

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Kristen! I am celebrating my path to better health. Down 44 lbs from my highest weight ( about 23 this year) and feeling so much better!

Toni

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I love your idea of an end of the year celebration of how you improved your health! ~Lynn /Glucerna