2015 Princess Half Marathon

Options
brandyk40
brandyk40 Posts: 78 Member
Hello, hope this post is ok. I was looking to make a few friends who are looking to do the 2015 Princess Half Marathon. I know it is almost a year away but I have become obsessed with it and want to do it next year. I would like to make friends who have the same goals as me. Currently, I am just beginning to run and am struggling a little bit with it. I am 85lbs overweight but I intend on losing the weight as well as completing the marathon. I thought it would be nice to meet up at the race, I will be doing it alone! Thanks!

Replies

• leholcomb
    leholcomb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am signing up for it! It will be my first half. I am also going to run the Royal Family 5K with my mom. I am so excited!!!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just ran the 2014 PHM, it was my first half! LOVED it, aside from being in pain (runner's knee issues). I'll be signing up for the Glass Slipper Challenge(the Enchanted 10K and the Princess half) in 2015 and really looking forward to it!
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My friend and I are going to register for this. It will be both of our first time doing a half. Super excited and slightly terrified lol
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm planning it with a few of my college friends, and my sis. It'll be my first half marathon, and I also plan on the Glass Slipper Challenge. Can't wait!
  • Jziller
    Jziller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm signing up with Friends and Family. It's going to be a fun girls weekend. It will also be my first half!
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Did you make it into the registration yesterday? I BARELY made it inot the Glass Slipper Challenge before it sold out. I think the 5k is still open! I'm dealing with an injury at the moment but I should be up and running by the time training should really start up for this one. Since I'm injured I've had to back out of another really big race that I was looking forward to doing so I will turn my sights on this race as my next big one.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get through when I tried, when I came back it was already sold out. There still are fundraising slots available but I am not good at asking people for money.
  • brandyk40
    brandyk40 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I didn't get in. We decided to do RNR Las Vegas in November instead. This will be on my list for the year after. I hope you have fun!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    Options
    I got in for the GSC! I ran the Princess 1/2 last year as my first half, so I'm excited to go back and do the GSC now. I didn't have trouble because I got on RIGHT when registration opened, but had a lot of runner friends that had trouble, a few took over an hour and many attempts to get registered. Active.com was having some real issues with the volume of people trying to register all at once and the site was crashing. Sorry for those of you that didn't get in! :(
  • Jziller
    Jziller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm all signed up!!!! I'm running the half, which will be my first unless I squeez one in before then. I'm also signed up for the 5k with my mom. We have a group of 13 girls going! Its going to be a fun girls weekenk, can't wait!!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    Options
    How's everyone's training going?!? Going well here for Glass Slipper Training! I'm excited that I'm not training injured this year, just hoping to run the half and enjoy myself instead of dealing with pain like last year.
  • SeeAmandaRun
    SeeAmandaRun Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How fast does the DPHM sell out? Is it hard to register for?
    I'd like to sign up next year (and plan a Disney trip around it), so I'm just wondering.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'd like to sign up next year (and plan a Disney trip around it), so I'm just wondering.
    The 1\2 marathons now sell out within hours of the day registration opens. You need to be prepared to be on-line with valid credit card in hand and ready to commit the time & money then and there.
  • SeeAmandaRun
    SeeAmandaRun Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    boatsie77 wrote: »
    The 1\2 marathons now sell out within hours of the day registration opens. You need to be prepared to be on-line with valid credit card in hand and ready to commit the time & money then and there.

Oh goodness - that sounds intense! Thanks for letting me know. I hope I can get in!