* 22s in a 5K.
    * 1,800 miles. (2,000 is my "A" goal).
    * sub 1:45 half.
    * half iron man. (2016 full iron).

:D
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Goal races for next year are LA Marathon and Marine Corp. My goal for LAM is to get close to 2:50, MCM I want to go under 3 hours. Extracting my head from my *kitten* and running a proper 5K with even splits would be nice too.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Goals? Stay injury free and make the time goals I didn't make this year. LOL! Damnit. Oh, and finally tackle the shorter distances (1 mile, 5k, and 10k). I'm scared of shorter races.

I've also been saying for years that I've been wanting to get to race weight so maybe that will happen in 2015.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Cooriander wrote: »
    * BQ.
    * 22s in a 5K.

This is wild, these are almost identical to my goals for next year. :D
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    essjay76 wrote: »
    Goals? Stay injury free and make the time goals I didn't make this year. LOL! Damnit. Oh, and finally tackle the shorter distances (1 mile, 5k, and 10k). I'm scared of shorter races.

I've also been saying for years that I've been wanting to get to race weight so maybe that will happen in 2015.

I'm awful at short races! I literally feel like I am going to puke at the end of them, goal weight would be great but gotta get over Christmas first
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    2014 has been a great first year running for me and the progress I've made has amazed & thrilled me (5k from 33:59 to 24:34, 10k 1:14:23 to 52:22 and HM from 2:40:10 to 1:55:17 and run 1162 miles to date plus lost another 49lbs).

My race diary for 2015 already has a fair few entries so no.1 objective is to stay injury free but I have some big challenges I'm excited but slightly nervous about - London Marathon (my 1st marathon) in April, a 12hr overnight Ultra in July and Snowdon Marathon in October. Around these I have loads of different distances to keep it interesting (the 'usual' plus 5, 8, 10 & 20 milers). I also would love to reach my weight target so another 25lbs approx to go
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for my first marathon: Pittsburgh in May. Oh my...

My one and only goal for 2015 is to run this race and still enjoy running afterwards!
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I began running last December by participating in a C25K course through my local running store. 2014 was a year of firsts - first 5k, 5 mile, 10k, 12k trail race, half marathon - all using the run/walk method. My hope for 2015 is to stay injury free and run a few more races than I did in 2014. I have been reading Matt Fitzgerald's books and also want to lose an additional ten pounds, though I reached my MFP goal in August. My husband and I will celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2016 and our goal is to either run a full marathon or a 50k in celebration of that event.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You are all so inspiring! I'm still getting used to shorter distances, but I'm signed up for a total of 5 half marathons in 2015. One about every 2 months, which will keep me in shape and not let me slack off at any point throughout the year :smile:

I'd like to be able to comfortably run one in under 2 hours, which is doable but my current pace is abut 13 min/mile.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I began running last December by participating in a C25K course through my local running store. 2014 was a year of firsts - first 5k, 5 mile, 10k, 12k trail race, half marathon - all using the run/walk method. My hope for 2015 is to stay injury free and run a few more races than I did in 2014. I have been reading Matt Fitzgerald's books and also want to lose an additional ten pounds, though I reached my MFP goal in August. My husband and I will celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2016 and our goal is to either run a full marathon or a 50k in celebration of that event.

Awesomeness on your 50th wedding anniversary.

Like you, I began running (again after many years of NOT running) but in April 2013. My first marathon was in November 2013 all by the run/walk method and one that I've continued to use until just recently.

I have also taken up an interest in Matt Fitzgerald's book and realize that I probably need to be back down in the 165 pound range from my current 177. Interestingly, my weight went back up last year when I really started to do some of Galloway's speed training routines. According to the body measurements the lean muscle mass went up but I could afford to shed a few more pounds of excess fat.

In 2014, I completed;

3 marathons
    6 half-marathons
    1 10-miler
    3 5K races.

In 2015, I haven't mapped out what I am going to do beyond the single marathon and single 10-miler I have already signed up for. When that firms up, I'll post the update.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Samstan101 wrote: »
    2014 has been a great first year running for me and the progress I've made has amazed & thrilled me (5k from 33:59 to 24:34, 10k 1:14:23 to 52:22 and HM from 2:40:10 to 1:55:17 and run 1162 miles to date plus lost another 49lbs).

My race diary for 2015 already has a fair few entries so no.1 objective is to stay injury free but I have some big challenges I'm excited but slightly nervous about - London Marathon (my 1st marathon) in April, a 12hr overnight Ultra in July and Snowdon Marathon in October. Around these I have loads of different distances to keep it interesting (the 'usual' plus 5, 8, 10 & 20 milers). I also would love to reach my weight target so another 25lbs approx to go

WOW! Really impressive progress all the way around.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thank you. If someone had told me 12months ago that I'd love running and getting the improvements I have had I wouldn't have believed them. Its a total addiction that 2015 will hopefully cement further. I just need a lottery win now to a) afford the kit I want and b) work is getting in the way of my training LOL
  • beavislong
    beavislong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be faster better and stronger. I'm still losing weight and want to get to my fighting weight. I'm about to run my second 50k in less the two weeks. I can't wait!

2015 Goals:

Sub 150 pounds!
    Sub 20 minute 5k
    Sub 3:30 marathon
    Stay injury free!
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2015 Goals:

Hit race weight by July (marathon training starts in July, lol)
    PR the St. Jude Memphis Marathon
    Raise $2,000 for St. Jude
    PR the Navy 10NM in Memphis
    Hit 1,000 miles ran for 2015
    Run one trail run a week
    Do the monthly suggested workout in the Runner's World Training Calender
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    2014 was a short year for me, as I played tackle football for the first 6 months and didn't get many running miles in. I did manage to exceed my goal of placing in my age group in at least one 5k...I placed 1st in one and 3rd in another, both also being PR's.

2015 will be my third year of running. I've been reading Mark Fitzgerald's 80/20 and am looking forward to what it does for me. Great recommendation from this group!

Main goal is building up a better base, as I will run my first marathon either late in 2015 or early 2016 (haven't picked one yet).

In January, I start training for a double half challenge...Lucky Trails Half Marathon on both Saturday and Sunday in mid March. Really looking forward to this challenge. These will be my 4th and 5th half marathons. Looking to get below the 2:30 mark for that first one.

Late April will be my first 25K at Brazos Bend State Park.

Will repeat the Texas Bridge Series of races in the fall (awesome series). 2 10k's and a half make up this group.

Otherwise, may run a couple more 5ks, when I think I have a good shot at age group placing.

Hoping 2015 is my best year yet!
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for my first marathon: Pittsburgh in May. Oh my...

My one and only goal for 2015 is to run this race and still enjoy running afterwards!

Best of luck with your training for May, I guarantee you will still enjoy running after your marathon...I'm looking foward to starting to train for marathon no.2 in 2015.
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ZenInTexas wrote: »
    Cooriander wrote: »
    * BQ.
    * 22s in a 5K.

This is wild, these are almost identical to my goals for next year. :D

Me too!
    Except for the half iron...
    Well maybe a HIM in September... maybe.
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would like to better my best 2014 5k, 10k, and HM times.
    And avoid injury. :)
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2015 are:
    Stay injury free
    Cross train at least 2 days per week
    Maintain my stretching routine.
    All of those will help me start running again.

When I am healed, I would like to start running again, slowly building up mileage so I don't get injured.

I also would not like to wimp out in the heat next summer, and keep running outside, albeit more slowly.
  • julie_emma1
    julie_emma1 Posts: 146
    edited December 2014
    Options
    In 2014, I completed 2 half marathons, including a PR (1:56 this year, while my time from the same HM in 2013 was 2:12) :)

My main goal for 2015 is to run consistently throughout the year, as this year I've struggled with balancing running with my school commitments. I'm hoping to complete 3 half marathons. I've got my sights set on two in my city (Hypothermic Half - Feb 2015,
    KOOL Oak Bay Half - May 2015), as well as the Scotiabank Waterfront Toronto HM in Oct 2015. I'll be in Toronto at that time for med school anyway, so it seems like a good time for a destination race!

I'm also hoping to hit my goal time of a sub-1:55 HM in one of those HM's, but that would be icing on the cake! Oh, and I hope to eat lots of cake...