Why am I gaining weight?

2»

Replies

• fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    ^^^^^

Agreed- i weighed myself before thanksgiving because between carbs & TOM i knew i would go up- finally today i went back below weight beofre thanksgiving LOL

KCKO !!!

every day every bite-
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,756 Member
    fludderbye wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Agreed- i weighed myself before thanksgiving because between carbs & TOM i knew i would go up- finally today i went back below weight beofre thanksgiving LOL

KCKO !!!

every day every bite-

That too. Between a 700 mile car ride(each way), slightly elevated carbs and my moron TOM starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving, just forget it, lol.

• lebowski8
    lebowski8 Posts: 55 Member
    I think grit has been whats been keeping me on this track for a long time. I didn't start with keto, I had started with a South Beach-styled diet in late 2011. However I plan on keeping up with a LCHF diet for the rest of my life, unless there's some significant science that leads me to change.

For me, my accomplishment is really blood work. In mid 2011, I had my highest H1ac of 6.1 and fasting glucose of 102. Pre-Diabetic. Both tests declined gradually since then. But the big drop happened this October. H1ac of 5.6, and blood glucose of 86.

I feel like I'm on the road to normalizing
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    Mr. Lebowski ("that rug really tied that room together") and baconslave, thank you for your wise words, I really needed that encouragement and reminder how I got here from a year ago: One deliberate choice at a time. Stay 80 gritty!