protein shakes?

Options
Hildabean
Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
I am in need of suggestions for protein shakes 20mg and up. I have tries the GNC lean 25 premade and was good. Do you suggest powder or pre made? I need them for the pre op 2wk diet.

TIA for the help

Replies

• Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have tried the premiere protein shakes they were pretty good I think chocolate tasted the best it has 30 grams of protein
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used Pure Protein Whey Powder (came in a big container about $20 from the grocery store).
    I bought vanilla and chocolate....my husband always said I was able to drink the chocolate easier than the vanilla!
    With the vanilla, its a really mild flavor (although adding unsweetened almond milk gave it a flavor boost), I would add some banana into it when Id blend it.
    For both flavors Id add PB2 for extra protein.
    Im not sure what all youre able to have or add to your shakes so these are just some suggestions!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    For ready made, I like premier protein 30g protein and good price. I mostly use the mixes though. Syntrax has a number on their web page that you can call and get 15 samples for $15 plus $1.99 shipping and try all the different ones http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm. I like that most of theirs are like juice. I prefer their fuzzy navel, grapefruit, cappucino the best. Nashuanutrition.com will sell you samples of just about any powder they sell. If there isn't a sample, they will make you up one. I also like to have an unflavored one to add to soups etc.
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The best I have found is Unjury which is available online. Nectar Syntrax also has some good fruit flavors. It was really hard for me to find a protein I liked and honestly I don't love any of them.
  • Jacklynrr0930
    Jacklynrr0930 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein powder is Syntha 6. Also to change it up a bit I love quest protein bars! Quest also came out with protien chips. The chips are a little stale but have 21grams of protein in them.
  • talinaklocke
    talinaklocke Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the premier protein as well, I get the premixed just because it's easier for me to take to work. I've also used Cellucor which tastes pretty good, that one is a powder. You can often get coupons and rebates for premier on their website.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I love Cellucor too, especially the Peanut Butter Marshmallow and Cinnamon Swirl.