Katie's Progress

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Hello!

It's been a while since I updated any of you. So as my typical self, I kept putting doing YAYOG off and off. I did the evaluation sessions to see where I was and still kept waiting. However, I finally did the math - I have about 12 weeks till I want to be a bit more noticeably buff.

I'm not hoping for too much, but a more stabilized body size would be my goal here as I hope to be trying on some pretty fancy dresses in about 12 weeks (don't mind me as I completely get ahead of myself regarding my wedding. I haven't even been proposed to yet but I suspect it will come at Christmas so I'm getting a head start hahahah).

So! On Saturday, Nov. 29 I did my first official day of YAYOG. Cycle 1 Day 1 of 28 days complete! It's been two days so my next session is this afternoon while dinner is cooking! My quads are still burning from the squats (yep, I'm on exercise 1 of squats but it seems I've never done them properly before so they're quite difficult for me. I got close to being able to go to exercise 2 but I lost my balance at one point so I guess my form still isn't quite there to progress).

I think I'll try to always post here every time I do an exercise so that I have a record and maybe a few eyes on me - to try to keep myself accountable (exercise habits seem to be hard for me to keep up with).

My plan is to do YAYOG on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday. My gym membership also starts today so I might throw the occasional other thing in there too, but that would be more cardio and yoga (I think flexibility would be a big help in these exercises). I want to get through all the cycles then start weight lifting at the gym. This way I should have a good base, and my form should be good.

So... my progress...

- I'm on level 1 for squatting
- I will be moving up to warriors with 2 second pauses (I think? Sorry I don't have my book with me so I will correct myself later if I am mistaken here. Actually, I'm pretty sure this is what I just did. So it's the one after that. Whatever it is)
- I will be moving up to let me ins with 2 second pauses
- For inline pushing I'll be doing military presses with 2 second pauses.

Whoop, whoop!

Replies

• VeryKatie
    Options
    Cycle 1 Day 2 of 28 complete. I advanced in all of the categories (so I wonder if I started too low? But they were hard!). I have a feeling Wednesday's exercises will be very difficult.
  • VeryKatie
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I want to do another session today! I'm feeling energetic! I'm very tempted to as well since my anniversary is Wednesday, the day I'm supposed to do YAYOG. I know I could fit both in, but I just feel like... totally going calorie crazy on my 2 year anniversary haha.

Oh and if anyone else sees this and wants to comment. Did you ever try "bulking" while doing YAYOG? Is it beneficial? Should I rely on noob gains at a deficit for a while first though?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Ok so I didn't do another session on Tuesday but I wish I had just gone for it. I was supposed to do it on Wednesday but skipped it (it was my 2 year anniversary so I'm justifying it). but I completed day 3 of cycle 1 last night! Even though it was midnight.

I had moved up to one armed let me ins with knees slightly bend and got a bit confused. The program says to do 2x12 for 2 minutes. It took me 2 minutes just to do 12 with one arm, so I move immediately to doing 12 with the other and used up the 4 minutes (but I can't progress, my form wasn't good enough). But... if I were stronger, would this exercise imply I should actually be doing 12 per arm per 2 minutes? Should I be doing it for a total of 8 minutes to get each arm twice? Yep, pretty confused. I'm leaning towards it being one set on one side and one set on the other though. The book doesn't really clarify.

I also did hip extensions (oh man, that works - I like how natural the movement is but my legs were shaking afterward. Nice butt here I come!)

And then I did therapy sumo squats with 2 second pauses... but I think I started counting my pauses while I was still moving (oops).

Finally I did military presses at knee height and will be advancing from those for the next session.

I think I would love to do these every second day instead of 3 times a week. I love that they take 20 minutes and when I'm done, I'm already home! I like it much better than running, that's for sure.
  • VeryKatie
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Okie dokes, I've missed two sessions so I'm going to do YAYOG Tues, Wed, Thurs this week to make it up. Then break on Friday and back at it on schedule on Saturday!

After that, I think I need to switch to a M/W/F schedule - prevent those weekends from getting the best of me.
  • VeryKatie
    edited December 2014
    Options
    D: I skipped it again. CRAP. Today. Today I WILL do it again right after work! Need... someone to see this... I just need to feel like maybe I'm letting someone down if I don't do this thing. But it is all quiet on the Western Front...

Plan - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Then I'm caught up. I might have to get up early on Friday to do it though since I have people coming over after work and I might not do it late at night.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I've seen it Katie, so keep your butt in gear! :P
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Oh boy! Umm... yes... I skipped it again. Today for sure. I will probably be home by 10:15 and could still be in bed by 11:00! Wow I sound like I'm full of empty promises. That isn't the kind of person I want to be. So I will do the exercise.

I will get home, do the dishes and clean as quickly as possible.... (wish that wasn't going to be such a big job lol)... then to my sister's for dinner and returning clothing to a store... then home, exercise, bed! It's a work night so she will understand if I leave at 9:45 :)

I wonder if I could actually start doing it on my lunch break at work. I would just have to find a private place. I'll hunt for one I think.
  • SumnyUK
    SumnyUK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're one step ahead of me, Katie, seeing that you have actually started. I'm still trying to get my act together and convincing myself that I can fit it in between 3 x swimming and 3 x running per week. So. While I'm arguing with myself, I'm watching your posts. Get on with it young lady, you know you'll feel so proud of yourself once you've done it! ;)
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    If you can get in the habit of getting up early, it is easier to do stuff in the morning. It does get very easy for life to interfere in the afternoon/evening.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Yes I think that needs to be the plan... I just feel like it would be better if I didn't start work at 7:30 - which I can change, but I just started this job haha. So I think in January I might switch to 8:00 start.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    I'm going to start this program again tonight and do it every second day. Enough is enough, right!?
  • taeliesyn
    Options
    Yep, time to get your butt moving again! Have you been doing the program?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    No :'( crap. Ok. Tonight!

I wonder if there's any way that I wouldn't need to pull on a door while doing it though. I don't want to break it now that I own the doors lol.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    No :'( crap. Ok. Tonight!

I wonder if there's any way that I wouldn't need to pull on a door while doing it though. I don't want to break it now that I own the doors lol.

Wow I just read the previous posts and I sure am bad for skipping it :( No excuses tonight though. Now, how to make myself do it... Perhaps a reward or something. Hmm...