Low Carb Friends

Options
mom2bella
mom2bella Posts: 35 Member
Hi! My name is Crystal and I've been doing low carb for a little over 4 months now. I'm down 41lbs and would love to have some more low carb friends on here!

Replies

• each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! My diet is moderately low carb, usually somewhere between 10-30% but I'm slowly bringing down that number further to about or under 50g a day if I can. Would welcome low-carb friends :)
  • cchild2
    cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. (Anyone else too). Like munzinni, i'm moderately low carb. Beans and veggies, low carb wraps (high fiber) and carbs from sauces increase my carb count compared to others. Plus I'm thinking of starting milk kefir/fruit again.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    You can add me, if you want. I am not at all moderate though. LOL
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    you are welcomed to add me.. I am in maintenance and stay under 100g (almost always) . but for loss I stayed under 50g
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    kkimpel wrote: »
    you are welcomed to add me.. I am in maintenance and stay under 100g (almost always) . but for loss I stayed under 50g

kkimpel do you know if you are staying in ketosis at some level at <100 grams or was this just something you never tracked?

I am looking at <100 grams when I get to maintenance so your post caught my eye.

Again pain control will be my life long (63 now) main objective of staying low carb.

• kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

kkimpel do you know if you are staying in ketosis at some level at <100 grams or was this just something you never tracked?

I am looking at <100 grams when I get to maintenance so your post caught my eye.

Again pain control will be my life long (63 now) main objective of staying low carb.

[/quote]

I don't know, because I have never considered it one way or another.. and I am not trying to lose anymore (though I have lost 4 lbs) I don't need to be in ketosis if I am not trying to lose .. I don't eat grain or sugar, and I think they are the culprits for me.. pain wise

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Grain and sugar creates real pain for my joints for sure.

I know we talk about ketosis being associated with dieting but I do it for pain reduction. It is ready just a by-product of eating very low carb <100 grams after keto adapted.

carbsmart.com/10-unexpected-benefits-of-nutritional-ketosis.html

This above is just 10 simple reasons one might consider nutritional ketosis was a life style.

eatingacademy.com/nutrition/ketosis-advantaged-or-misunderstood-state-part-ii

The article in this above link is by Dr. Attia MD who lives in a state of ketosis and has for years. There is a lot one can get out of the article but it is really for the minds that want to know how and why Ketosis works at the cellular level as well.