Running Tights Recommendations

Options
JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
I'm looking for some new running tights, and would like some brand recommendations.

Looking for:

-Full length
-Heavier material - it gets cold here.
-Must have drawstring
-Zippered pocket in back for keys

And thoughts?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I wear Asics Thermopolis. Not sure if they make that line anymore, but they're good. But they get pretty warm.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Marker fleece lined ski tights that I wear when it's really cold. I bought them years ago, but they are so warm and comfy. I love them! More recently I purchased a pair of Nike running tights with a back zipper pocket (http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/element-shield-running-tights/pid-414582/pgid-930874). I like them because they have an elastic band around the ankles and zippers, but even an XS is a little long for me (which is typical because I am only 5 ft tall).
  • JTick
    Options
    I wear Asics Thermopolis. Not sure if they make that line anymore, but they're good. But they get pretty warm.

I wore four layers for my race Saturday. :smirk: Getting too warm won't be a problem haha.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check these out.

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've had luck with 2XU and Pearl Izumi tights over the years.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    North Face fit all of those criteria. Love them. But I have found it has a lot to do with body shape/size.
  • JTick
    Options
    I've had luck with 2XU and Pearl Izumi tights over the years.

I just found some Pearl Izumi on clearance and ordered a pair. I bought an XL...according to the size chart I'm a L, but I'd prefer they're not so tight, and they have a drawstring. Fingers crossed!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this page will be helpful but I find it a fascinating site.
    http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Race_Ready_Shorts_and_Tights
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have been loving Athleta's tights.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    UA makes some good tights for when it gets really cold.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have the UA Warm Wear tights and love them. The only problem is they don't have a drawstring waist and I have to keep pulling them as I have lost weight since I bought them.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    romyhorse wrote: »
    I have the UA Warm Wear tights and love them. The only problem is they don't have a drawstring waist and I have to keep pulling them as I have lost weight since I bought them.

I don't recommend the UA ones. I spend the first mile or so pulling them up.

I was at Target a few weeks ago. Champion has some new tights out that are reflective and they have a drawstring. I wish they were a little longer but if you buy regular inseam pants you should be fine on the length
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I use CW-X. They work good. I have the winter thermal tights and the regular for when its not as cold.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am a CW-X junkie as well. They don't have a drawstring, but they are one of the one brands I have found doesn't need one, and I actually end up pulling the drawstrings out and tossing them. I wear them both for recovery (they offer some very good compression) and while running.
  • khakstol
    khakstol Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I live in Southern Alberta Canada where we get strong winds and some real cold days this time of year. A good base layer and tights by Patagonia work very well for me. I also have some Sport Hill running tights that would do what you are asking for.
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like R-Gear by Road Runner Sports. Different weights/thicknesses with pocket options.

Also, LEDs available.
  • JTick
    Options
    I found a pair of Pearl Izunos on clearance, and they are awesome! I can actually get too warm in these guys which is awesome because I'm always chilled when I run. Very happy with these.