New to the group-Bread question

Hello There-I'm looking for a flat out or syrian pocket bread that would be considered "clean". Something with very minimal ingredients. Any ideas? I'm hoping to be able to find it at one of our local grocery stores. Thanks!

Replies

• Hi. I am new to the group too and had a similiar experience in the grocery store when I was looking for mexican style whole grain torillas. I started reading the ingredient list on the big brand commericially made tortillas packages, and I was appalled by the long list of mystery ingredients. So, I went to the health food section of my grocery store and found some frozen whole grain torillas with a much shorter ingredient list...and no preservatives. I am so happy I found them. Maybe you could look in health food section? or in health food store?
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    I tried making naan bread. The recipe called for AP flour, and for the sake of trying it out, I used AP flour. I think they would be just as good with whole wheat flour. Would you consider making it yourself? Pinterest has many great clean recipes.
  • Hey Sabine_Stroehm: You are right...the tortillas I found in the health food section of the grocery store were Ezekiel torillas!! Very happy I found them, and I will buy them again.
  • bblunds
    bblunds Posts: 7 Member
    Ezequiel tortillas? wow where?
  • bjbrown9
    bjbrown9 Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2014
    I buy whole wheat pockets from Trader Joe's. Whole foods used to have some good clean pockets and some good clean corn tortillas but they haven't had them the last few weeks. They still have tortillas, they're just not "clean" enough for me. And the frozen ones (like the Ezekiel) I have found to be too crumbly.