Milestone 8 - Day 80: Thursday, December 11, 2014

balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Today is the weigh in day. Get the numbers in the spreadsheet.

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Stepped on and recorded scale numbers for a 2nd time this week. Monday is my personal "record" day every week. Lost an additional 1 pound for a total loss-to-date of 165 pounds.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Great job NikonPal!!!! You're an inspiration!!!
    I'm still recovering from my "carb fest" earlier in the week. My loss isn't impressive this milestone, but it's still getting me closer to my goal, and I will take it.
    Big congratulations to all of us because we are all great!!!!!
    Let's have a fabulous day and rock these 20 days ahead!!!!!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am getting sooo close to the 100 day goal. Now to hit it and maintain in over Christmas will be the hard part.
    NikonPal you are doing fabulous, way to go!
    Danelutza19, the next 20 will be hard but by supporting each other we can do this!

weight.png

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Down 3.2lbs from last weigh in day! Still not on track for my goals for this challenge, but I set my goal very aggressively.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. P90X: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
  • Pandathon
    Pandathon Posts: 41 Member
    4lb down since last weigh-in, only 2lb left to reach the goal.
    But then starts the holiday temptations...
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Down 3.2lbs from last weigh in day! Still not on track for my goals for this challenge, but I set my goal very aggressively.

I set mine a little too aggressively too, but that's okay, as long as we are moving in the right direction! Now I know a little better what to set for the next 100 day challenge, lol.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Only 5.5 lbs to go to my 100 day goal. Need to stay strong during the next 20 days getting through Christmas and New Years Eve. The one thing that i still have problems with is drinking all the water that i need to drink in one day. So my goal is to figure how to drink my water.

Awesome job to all those that already hit the 100 day goal.
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    I think there are a lot of us who may of set goals a little aggressively. I lost 5.4 pounds this last 10 days. Only 6.2 pounds to hit my goal. It will be a little hard for me the next 20 days. Will be baking my Friendship bread this weekend, hoping to get 160 mini loafs. Still want to make some candy and fudge and chex mix. Need to make a couple of different kinds of cookies yet too. My goals for the next 20 days are to walk,walk,walk. And drink my water. Staying under calories as well. Good luck everybody.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Finally under 150 lbs, haven't been this light in years. Although at this point I don't think I'm going to reach my goal of 140 lbs (start of normal BMI range) by the end of the year :( Oh well I'll keep trying and see how far I get and I'm planning on continuing onto the next 100 days challenge.

Goals for today:
    Get in at least 10 miles from walking/jogging and elliptical.
    Stay under calorie goal
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Not a massive loss - 1lb - but only 3 pounds left to reach my goal :) Great job everyone!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Thanks danelutza19 & Kenda2427 .. hard to believe there are only 20 days til New Years! And matthewsfive…I must say water intake has always been my toughest hurdle…
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Well, for the last 4 weeks I have increased my calories from 1200 to 1500/day and I have started weight training. The scale has increased, the measurements haven't decreased, and I am getting frustrated by my lack of progress! Think I am going to change again, and only eat 1500 calories on the days that I lift and cut back to 1200 on recovery days which I do cardio. I feel like I am letting everyone down since I'm not contributing to the great losses everyone is posting! :\
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Dawnmitchell6766 hang in there and don't drop back to 1200. If you're in a plateau it's ok to just carry on like before and when it's ready, your body will drop the weight. If anything, you might be overdoing the exercise. I don't know how you lift, but, if it's heavy for you, than you need rest days after. If you're not comfortable resting then do something light in the days after lifting ( yoga, walking). I used to work out 5 days a week and eat around 1300 calories a day, guess what, I was gaining weight... For the last 8 months, I've been eating 1600-2000 calories, strenght training 2-3 days/ week and walking: and I lost 50 lb.
    unless advised so by a medical professional, never constantly eat under your BMR because you will do more bad than good. When eating such low calories you will throw your hormones out of balance and you will gain weight, plus, you will feel miserable. T3, the active tyroid hormone, is lowered by low caloric intake. The signs of low T3 are: fatigue, depression and weight gain.
    Leptin is another hormone negatively influenced by long periods of caloric restrictions.
    Moral, make sure you eat enough that you're not hungry, eat healthy foods( avoid processes stuff), drink water and relax: you're body will do the rest!
    Best wishes!!!!

"
  • tanek747
    tanek747 Posts: 37 Member
    Wondering what happened to the %lost of start weight tab? Doesn't seem to be in the spreadsheet anymore.

Keep meaning to update 8th milestone but when I'm at a pc I'm busy. Although only 1 lb loss to 214 this time, not concerned though as long as I at least maintain now my goal is done. Losing 12% (iirc) body mass in 70 days was pretty fast so some maintain time probably wouldn't hurt.
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Dawnmitchell6766 hang in there and don't drop back to 1200. If you're in a plateau it's ok to just carry on like before and when it's ready, your body will drop the weight. If anything, you might be overdoing the exercise. I don't know how you lift, but, if it's heavy for you, than you need rest days after. If you're not comfortable resting then do something light in the days after lifting ( yoga, walking). I used to work out 5 days a week and eat around 1300 calories a day, guess what, I was gaining weight... For the last 8 months, I've been eating 1600-2000 calories, strenght training 2-3 days/ week and walking: and I lost 50 lb.
    unless advised so by a medical professional, never constantly eat under your BMR because you will do more bad than good. When eating such low calories you will throw your hormones out of balance and you will gain weight, plus, you will feel miserable. T3, the active tyroid hormone, is lowered by low caloric intake. The signs of low T3 are: fatigue, depression and weight gain.
    Leptin is another hormone negatively influenced by long periods of caloric restrictions.
    Moral, make sure you eat enough that you're not hungry, eat healthy foods( avoid processes stuff), drink water and relax: you're body will do the rest!
    Best wishes!!!!

"

I'm following the book, "the new rules of weightlifting for women" The heaviest I am lifting is 45lb on the wide lateral pull downs, deadlift 35lbs, lunges 12lbs. I have to say I am not super sore the following day, so am contemplating increasing the weights, hesitated this week cuz I increased from 2 sets to 3 sets.

I guess I'll stay the course for a couple of more weeks and see if I see some progress.