Looking for new moms to lose weight with!

Options
Kenzieb07
Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
I'm struggling to lose the last 15 of the 35 pounds that I gained while I was pregnant. My daughter is now 5 months old, so I feel like I'm running out of time of using "I just had a baby" as an excuse for the extra weight! I've tried and failed to motivate myself... so i'm looking for other new moms who may also be struggling, or have got it all figured out!, to be friends with so we can motivate each other!

Anyone...?

Before I got pregnant, I was super fit -- in the best shape of my life! Was working out 5-6 times/week, eating healthy, counting calories, and even instructing a cardio kickboxing class. Now I feel like all I do is try to figure out how to take care of my daughter and husband, but I need to figure this out for ME!

Replies

• HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Add me. I want to lose 23 more pounds. I am on a 220+ day streak with an open diary.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Me :) just became a mummy for the second time got 30 pounds to lose, I put on 55 pounds I was big
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My third is 5 months old. Despite exercising and logging all pregnancy I somehow still have about 40lbs to lose! Although my measurements don't reflect that, which is weird.

Anyway, I've been back at the gym since my baby was 6.5 weeks old. I go 5/6 times a week and do PT, Zumba, aerobics, spinning, step etc and I walk a lot. I'm also doing carb cycling for a few weeks. No idea why I'm not skinny by now!
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If any of you lades are breastfeeding, it can actually impede weight loss and that's been the experience of me and many of my mommy friends! I have like 60-80 lbs to lose (gulp) before I get to my goal weight, 20 lbs to prepregnancy. I cut out dairy, gluten and candy/sugar/sweets due to food intolerances and I feel much better already. We can do this!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Sadly I'm not breastfeeding any more :sad: My baby lost too much weight so I had to supplement with formula early on, and I mix fed for 3 months, then she lost interest. The same has happened with all my babies.

I've just had a blood test to check my thyroid as I'm concerned about the amount of weight I gained despite doing everything right, and also because I've read that low thyroid can affect your milk supply.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have so many hormone problems it's unreal. I've been hypothyroid for a long time so was already on meds and took them during both pregnancies. My daughter has several food intolerances so she's on hypoallergenic formula. After law school and two kids I have adrenal insufficiency and also very low DHEA so I take supplements for all that. Plus I have lupus, ugh. Definitely get that thyroid checked!
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just had my 3rd October 5th! I wish I could jump right back into exercise, but I'm still waiting for my body to heal up and get stronger. I plan on getting back into running/lifting, etc mid-November. I love doing Jillian's Dvd's, have NROLFW that I plan to follow for lifting, and have a goal of training for a half marathon on St Patricks Day. I realize the half might be too lofty of a goal, but I like having hard challenges to work towards! Before this pregnancy, I was running 4-6 miles regularly at a good pace (ave 9.5-10 min/mile). Unfortunately, I was sick a lot the first half of the pregnancy (flu/colds, etc), ended up not keeping up with exercise, and gained a LOT! (almost 55lbs). I was already up 15 pounds from my happy weight of 130 when I got pregnant. I'm hoping to lose about 30lbs of the 55 in the first 4-6 weeks from fluids, baby weight, etc)...haven't weighed yet...so I figure I will have about 40lbs to lose to get to my happy weight. I always gain a lot while preggo (I really do eat healthy...just a lot! lol) and like to give myself a year to lose it, since it took most of the year to put it on. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding and hate "dieting", hence my love of exercise! LOL I think I'm already friends with quite a few of you, but anyone I'm not friends with yet, please add me! I love the accountability of MFP!

My philosophy for getting into shape is eating healthy, mostly clean foods (meaning good healthy fats and protein), getting ENOUGH calories (I hate seeing people starve themselves), lots of physical activity, drinking tons of water, and having patience! :) I look forward to cheering everyone on as we strive to become as healthy as we can be!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well I maybe late for this. But I am also struggling to lose my son is now 4 month old and I have lost at least 28 pounds of weight already but I have at least 20-30 pounds to lose I weight 164 at the moment I am 5'4 and also trying to figure out how to fit in a work out most days always trying to take care of my kids, house, and husband. I was also very fit before I got pregnant and have lost tons of weight.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    meggwyn wrote: »
    I just had my 3rd October 5th! I wish I could jump right back into exercise, but I'm still waiting for my body to heal up and get stronger. I plan on getting back into running/lifting, etc mid-November. I love doing Jillian's Dvd's, have NROLFW that I plan to follow for lifting, and have a goal of training for a half marathon on St Patricks Day. I realize the half might be too lofty of a goal, but I like having hard challenges to work towards! Before this pregnancy, I was running 4-6 miles regularly at a good pace (ave 9.5-10 min/mile). Unfortunately, I was sick a lot the first half of the pregnancy (flu/colds, etc), ended up not keeping up with exercise, and gained a LOT! (almost 55lbs). I was already up 15 pounds from my happy weight of 130 when I got pregnant. I'm hoping to lose about 30lbs of the 55 in the first 4-6 weeks from fluids, baby weight, etc)...haven't weighed yet...so I figure I will have about 40lbs to lose to get to my happy weight. I always gain a lot while preggo (I really do eat healthy...just a lot! lol) and like to give myself a year to lose it, since it took most of the year to put it on. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding and hate "dieting", hence my love of exercise! LOL I think I'm already friends with quite a few of you, but anyone I'm not friends with yet, please add me! I love the accountability of MFP!

My philosophy for getting into shape is eating healthy, mostly clean foods (meaning good healthy fats and protein), getting ENOUGH calories (I hate seeing people starve themselves), lots of physical activity, drinking tons of water, and having patience! :) I look forward to cheering everyone on as we strive to become as healthy as we can be!

I feel you I do too gain lots of weight while pregnant. I was lifting and started gaining some.muscle before I got pregnant I am too breastfeeding. Well get there fortunately.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've got a 6 month old son and trying to shift the baby weight! I'll put my hands up and say it's not been my main priority as we've had loads going on at the moment, but I'm ready to focus on this now and could really use a few friends to help and advise me along the way and I'm happy to support everyone's efforts :)
    It's a long time since I sincerely tried to lose weight so I'm feeling a little bit lost at the moment! If anyone would add me I'd really appreciate it! :)
    Heather
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I can relate to what you're saying. I just had my first baby 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out how to take care of my son, my fiance, myself, and the house.. Before I got pregnant I had lost 65lbs and i gained it all back :\ (sigh) But now I'm back to loose what I gained and more. So anyone feel free to add me :)
  • chocol8doll
    chocol8doll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me I have 14 lbs to pre pregnancy weight and 37 to 1st gw
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    add me, at pre preganancy weight but still need to lose 35-40more lbs
  • Erindolly
    Erindolly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me too--I can totally relate. I have 15 lbs to go to get to per-pregnancy weight and I'd like to lose an additional 15-20 lbs after that.