Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's your current focus? What are you work towards?

quzly
quzly Posts: 78 Member
I switched from doing individual body splits to more upper/lower splits. I've lost a little more weight but it's not really my ultimate goal. I've loved seeing the weights I'm lifting go up but I also want to stay safe. Food prep every Sunday has made such a difference in my progress. Here's to getting through the holiday season!

What are you working on right now? What are you loving? What are you changing?

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    I've been working on powerlifting pretty specifically for the last few months. I am still working on it regularly but dropping my volume and incorporating more olympic lifting. Goals for next few months are 170 bench/350 deadlift (currently at 155 and 320) and 150 clean & jerk/125 snatch (currently at 125 & 105). Ankle mobility has been a big limiting factor for me on overhead squats and back squats so I am getting serious about ankle work!
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    I'm currently doing my second bulk--hoping to gain as well as I did the first time around. I'm using Wendler's 5/3/1 for my main lifts and an upper/lower split for my accessories.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 655 Member
    I finishing up NROLFW...last stage underway. Trying to decide what to next. Thinking of SL 5x5. Enjoying it still though :)
  • geek23ka
    geek23ka Posts: 38 Member
    loving lifting heavy. do not love this much fluff. i gained 30 pounds this year r/t a med change. need to get that weight off and then some before pushing for bigger 1RM's. i think i will try adn get to the 198 class this coming year.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Just beginning. For now my goal is to just get consistent lifting plan with what I have at home. 3 lb dumbbells and a milk jug. Once a week I lift 5 gallon water jugs up 3 stairs. ;) Its a work out for sure. hehe I think majority of my strength will be body weight exercise. I have a lot of loss to deal with and not sure how to go about it while working on muscles. I hear so much drama fights over all this you can't gain muscle while losing it makes my head spin. Just going to try it out with my walking routine I've had going a few weeks now. And starting plan recommendations with minimal equipment?? I have no gym membership and can't afford it right now(still looking for a new job). I need a food prep Sunday. I do cook my meats ahead sometimes and think it would help. Now if I could only stomach enough for muscle building protein I need. That's another story.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Oh I assume I will probably have to alternate losing with muscle gains?? Though I honestly wonder if I've gained muscle over the past two weeks from walking(its more than I have been used to in a long time).
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    deadlift has to go up soon or I'll lose my mind! stalled at 235.....
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Right now I'm focused on surviving the holidays with the hectic work schedule (retail) and continuing with Strong Lifts. I'm on week 5 and plan to do it at least 12 weeks, then will consider my options.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Currently in my 3rd month of bulking, trying to add mass to my glutes in particular. I'm on my second last week of Bret C's lower body program in Strong Curves, going to continue it until Feb. It is going really well so far.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    My current focus is to lose weight, but gain some muscles in the process. I am impatiently waiting for my TRX to arrive. I'm choosing to go the bodyweight training route.
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    I'm doing a body weight program, and my major goal is to be able to do a pull-up. I still have some fat to lose, but I hit a point where I either needed to further cut calories (not sustainable) or build some muscle.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    I do Stronglifts. I've been having lower back pain on the left side, so trying to figure out if anything I'm doing is causing that. I really want to add muscle to my legs to hopefully fill in spots where I've lost weight.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Aiming for a 100kg deadlift (on 80), 250kg leg press (on 225) and 60kg bench (on 50). Squats I want to get doing more regularly as am not doing them enough.
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    I just began my second week of the beginner's level of Strong Curves. I completed phase 1 of NROLFW before the new year, but decided to switch to Strong Curves, as I was looking for a more lower body focused program.

I love it so far and love lifting! Right now, I'm trying to focus on form and building strength. I was happy to achieve a 110 lb deadlift the other day :)

small victories for the newbie girl lifter!