New Here...

Options
RhiannonBecks
RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Hi all,
I have been searching for support groups in my area, and just recently got back onto MFP and happened to see this group and got super excited. Hoping to find some great support & other people who can relate to my situation.

So here's my deal: I'm 32, Loss of 113# (up/down 10-12lb max) for the last 9 years from RNY bypass...i've always been 15# shy of my goal...I was about 5# away this summer, and lots of things changed, my future father in law passed away, I started a new job & my long term boyfriend moved in....Talk about emotional overload for someone who used to eat 2days worth of calories in emotions...Needless to say....ive gained that weight back (the 12#) I lost...and its wrecking me..

...I'm feeling like I fell off the wagon...so here I am....when youve had such a significant weight loss, every pound feels like 50, or at least for me, and sometimes I think people around me still see my "HUGE SUCCESS, DONT WORRY ABOUT 12 #"....but they dont see how hard I had to work to get it all off...and keep it off....seeing my numbers climb... scares me.

WHEW- did anyone read all of that, if so...here I am...feeling very vulnerable...but ready to start it up again. So, if any of you want to add me...maybe we can chat, or support eachother!
- :smiley:

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    OK, I read your profile and you *lost* 113 pounds. I first read that as you weighed 113 pounds give or take 10-12.

First of all, congrats on losing the weight successfully and resetting yourself at a 12 pound regain. You know what you did to lose the weight, review your old food diaries and start eating that way again. Read the forums, add some friends at all stages of the process and re-commit to doing what you know you need to do.

At the same time, your experience will help a lot of pre- and newly- surgeried (I just made up a word, Cool!) folks here so post your experiences and become an active member of the forum. We are a great group and I'm sure you'll fit right in!

If your head is right to turn this regain around, I am sure you will lose that as well as the 15 you still want below that! We have one person here who rejoined after a 50ish regain and is now 80 down from that restart! I'll let her give you the details!

Rob
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi Rob, thanks for noticing that first line...I quickly edited it...it does read as my weight was #113.... :) But yes, that is a loss. Thank you, it has been a long road of working hard, somewhere along the line I think all of the "basics" just have slipped away...I think starting over...getting in that mind set of no slips here, no slips there...thats the hardest....but I know i CAN do it, I HAVE done it.

You are SO right, I need to be active in the group, and hopefully i'll find some others that are welcoming too! :)

-Felisha
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I am fairly new on the path and I've worried a lot about what that's going to be like when I've hit my maintenance plan. I don't have anything fabulous to say except Congratulations on your loss!! You can do this! I would be happy to be a cheerleader for you if nothing else. Feel free to add me as a friend.